• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home, and weekend!

Not too bad a run back, despite a tractor causing all the lorries to overtake on the first stretch of the A14, and a huge crane-lorry thing doing the same (though to less effect because of the additional lane) on the home stretch of the M1

Comment

Went to the supermarket earlier and brought spaghetti and sausages in a tin.

Never had it before - don't know when I will be bothered to indulge.

Now need to go and do some exercise if it isn't cancelled....
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Zeity has just spent about half an hour looking for a drill.

Obviously easily overlooked.

Titan TTB631SDS Corded SDS Plus Drill 230-240V | SDS Drills | Screwfix.com

I found it eventually.

Comment

I got a hankering for steak on the way home. Luckily there was one ribeye left in the freezer, so that's just had a quick spin on defrost mode in the microwave, and is finishing off its thawing.

And beer has been obtained from Sainsbury's Local.

So once I've sorted out the recycling ready to put the bin out for tomorrow, I'm all set for the evening

Comment

Since I can't find out where the buried cables are routed, the hole (117mm) for the cooker hood is going to be offset.

Which will look a bit odd, but there you go.

Apparently someone is climbing a tree on "The Archers".

No good shall come of this, just remember what happened to Nigel.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Apparently someone is climbing a tree on "The Archers".

No good shall come of this, just remember what happened to Nigel.
              That got me a lot of Archers fans as Twitter followers, thanks to https://twitter.com/NickFitz/statuses/21669979644493824 and https://twitter.com/NickFitz/statuses/21684659586867200

Comment

Exercise done. New hyper instructor who reminds me of someone I know. Anyway all the guys were panting regardless of age. Oddly the ones around her actual age didn't bother talking to her but the olde and younger guys did. (They pant after the person I know as well and the same tends to happen with guys as well.)

Visited a supermarket nice and sweaty afterwards.

Ate a peanut butter sandwich and had a glass of wine.

I have an Amazon Panty voucher for free delivery but there is nothing to buy...

Comment

Steak and chips for tea, as foretold

Now having a little rest to digest before taking the recycling down to the yard and putting the bin out.

Comment

I can buy beer with my voucher...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Zeity has just spent about half an hour looking for a drill.

Obviously easily overlooked.

Titan TTB631SDS Corded SDS Plus Drill 230-240V | SDS Drills | Screwfix.com

I found it eventually.
                      have an earlier model of that, its great. We took up the parquet in the hall (all 15M2 of it) using a spade bit in 3 hours with it. Drilled plenty of concrete and split paving slabs.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X