• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home again

I went to B&Q, where I obtained some adhesive removal solvent, as one of the scrotes who does their dodgy dealings hereabouts has superglued the lock (again) on the gate at the pedestrian end of the back "road"

They've just done the bit that pokes out, though, rather than trying to get it inside the lock, so hopefully this solvent will clean it off.

Then I went to M&S, though only for a loaf of sliced bread to occupy the loaf-shaped gap in the freezer, and some bits like ham and such for lunches.

And then to Argos, where I bought a carpet cleaner, as the carpets are in a bit of a state in highly-trafficked areas, which contrasts sharply with the areas where I've recently moved boxes that were put down when I first moved in and the carpet was brand new

If nothing else, it should spread the dirt around more evenly

It was also at Argos that the Unseen Powers noticed I was out and about for, as I exited the shop with a heavy box to lug across the car park, it started to rain

It only carried on for a couple of minutes and all dried almost as soon as it touched the ground, but it's better than nothing I suppose

And then on to Sainsbury's, where I didn't bother doing any shopping but just filled up the car.

Now I suppose I should stick the laundry on while I remember it needs doing

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Home again

I went to B&Q, where I obtained some adhesive removal solvent, as one of the scrotes who does their dodgy dealings hereabouts has superglued the lock (again) on the gate at the pedestrian end of the back "road"

They've just done the bit that pokes out, though, rather than trying to get it inside the lock, so hopefully this solvent will clean it off.
      Maybe worth touching base with your local police officers to give them the tip off about the dodgy dealings e.g. you will tell them when the scrote glues it up again.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I gave it a go, and it rapidly dissolved the glue on the outside, but the lock still wouldn't turn so it looks like he did manage to get it down in the mechanism after all

I'll give up there and leave it to the residents association chap who looks after such things

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Maybe worth touching base with your local police officers to give them the tip off about the dodgy dealings e.g. you will tell them when the scrote glues it up again.
        Some aspects of it were mentioned at the last Neighbourhood Watch meeting. I must go to the next one, as that NW group is from the side road on the other side, so nobody there apart from me uses that gate and they probably wouldn't be aware of it being sabotaged. And I sometimes run into Matt or Clarky (?), our local beat bobbies, as they roam the neighbourhood, so if I do I'll mention it to them then

Have you ever noticed how common it is for British police officers to have nicknames based on their name with "-ie" or "-y" tacked on the end? There's always a few in things like Road Wars and Motorway Cops. They don't seem to be a very creative bunch when it comes to choosing names for their colleagues

Comment

And then to Argos, where I bought a carpet cleaner, as the carpets are in a bit of a state in highly-trafficked areas, which contrasts sharply with the areas where I've recently moved boxes that were put down when I first moved in and the carpet was brand new

If nothing else, it should spread the dirt around more evenly
          I bought one of those Vax carpet washer things in 2010 to deal with the marks left on various carpets by the much esteemed ZeitMog.

Sadly, despite my assembly of said device, it was rapidly redundant since she went to meet her maker about 3 days later.

It's sat under the stairs completely unused ever since.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          The Esteemed Customer returned to interrupt my lunch time snooze.

However, after allowing the clueless oik to struggle for an hour
          Apparently the said Esteemed Customer is supposed to be very bright.

So far I've seen little indication of this.

And with that, the wireless gets switched off due to the advent of yet another R4 "comedy" programme, one, in fact, that I've loathed & detested for over 40 years.

The ZeitTea consisted of the remaining portion of yesterday's turkey breast, which would have been improved if I'd remembered to get the jam stuff out of the fridge since that actually gives it some flavour.

Twas alright though, and I had some fava beans to go with it.
          Last edited by zeitghost; 10 July 2017, 17:34.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            And with that, the wireless gets switched off due to the advent of yet another R4 "comedy" programme, one, in fact, that I've loathed & detested for over 40 years.
            Not a fan of ISIHAC then?

Comment

Not a fan of ISIHAC then?
              ISICSTC seems a more appropriate acronym in Zeity's case....
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Boring laundry has been accomplished

And while that was going on, I've brought a large batch of chips (about three or four portions) to stage 2. They're now cooling down, ready to be put in the freezer. And there's still one portion remaining of the last batch, to go with tonight's dinner

Comment

Comment

Venison steaks & salad.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Ribeye steak for tea

The stocks of meat in the freezer are gradually being run down. The idea is to get it to empty around the time this contract ends, then pop up to Chatsworth Farm Shop and fill it with good stuff

Comment

Working...
                      X