• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been to the shop for some beer, and a large batch of chips is drying after going through phase 1 of The Process

And no need to get up for the bins tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

That's what happened the first time IIRC.
      Ahh should have told us all. We would have come up with some illnesses so you couldn't go and just send them an Argos toaster.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Chicken in red wine sauce, chips, and petits pois for tea. It was absolutely delicious

Comment

The contract extension has come through. In fact, it's come through three times, probably because they kept remembering things they'd forgotten to change from the standard one

Last time I had to point out that it said five days a week instead of three, so that probably had to be corrected again. And this time, I've agreed to a one week notice period (because ClientCo aren't sure how long the outstanding work will take, or even how much of it will definitely get done), so that probably got missed off on the first attempt too

Comment

Just got to pop up to the Amazon Locker for a couple of books, and then it's time for a beer and a film

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Just got to pop up to the Amazon Locker for a couple of books, and then it's time for a beer and a film
              Home and breaking open the johnnie walker blue label that was 30% off in schipol
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just finished watching "The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp".

It transpires that the bluray player remembers where it was when you took the disk out & resumes from that point.

Which is rather nice.

There's a fairly interesting documentary in the extras too.

And it transpires that I possess two copies of "The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp".

The expensive one cost 99p.
                Last edited by zeitghost; 30 June 2017, 22:14.

Comment

TFBSZ
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's film was Nikita, which I'd never seen before. I thought it was excellent, and I don't say that lightly about something in French

After that, I tried the first episode of a thing called The Mob Doctor, which only managed one season and which I picked up cheap some time ago; a number of people had given it good reviews. I can only conclude that those people are bereft of any worthwhile critical faculties, as it was the most preposterous pile of garbage I've come across in a while. For a bit I was thinking that at least it wasn't quite as bad as Quantico, but after it I watched another episode of Quantico just to be sure, and concluded that The Mob Doctor is in fact worse in every respect

Goodnight all

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X