• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last evening's repast of lentil <pffffft> soup is making its presence felt.

Comment

Morning denizens

Bit of a high, thin cloud layer out there, but the day at least looks a bit sunny

I was up at ten to seven to unlock the back gate for the bins, then back to bed. Woke again naturally at half ten, feeling much better for it

Comment

Picture this: Your PM is a useless chunt. His management skills are "shoot first ask questions later". He doesn't do listening or support. When you asked for help, he said "no budget". When you said "we're not ready to go live" he ignored you. Now that the tulip is hitting the fan, he turns on you big time.

Of course, your work is critical to the project. Because he refuse to give you help, you're the only one with the knowledge of what's going on.
        ...and at 8.30pm on a Friday, when you haven't had a day off since Christmas, and won't have one off for at least another 2 weeks, you think "f-kit"

The only part of the business that isn't reliant on you is the finance guys. But if they can't buy anything, sell anything, or store it, maybe finance won't have that much to do.

Anyone know of any jobs going for a burnt out alcoholic moderator?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Picture this: Your PM is a useless chunt. His management skills are "shoot first ask questions later". He doesn't do listening or support. When you asked for help, he said "no budget". When you said "we're not ready to go live" he ignored you. Now that the tulip is hitting the fan, he turns on you big time.

Of course, your work is critical to the project. Because he refuse to give you help, you're the only one with the knowledge of what's going on.
          ...and at 8.30pm on a Friday, when you haven't had a day off since Christmas, and won't have one off for at least another 2 weeks, you think "f-kit"

The only part of the business that isn't reliant on you is the finance guys. But if they can't buy anything, sell anything, or store it, maybe finance won't have that much to do.

Sounds like quite a few PMs I have had the misfortune to work with.

The Mrs has just come off a bad one.

Chin up it happens to all of us (shiver)
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

What do you do?
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Last evening's repast of lentil <pffffft> soup is making its presence felt.
              It's good for your bowels.

Comment

Not feeling very charitable during a spec review session just then. Far too much "Refer the below detail's for rule's for processing the payment's" for my liking. I suppose it was my fault then that it over ran by 2 hours whilst some semblance of sanity was beaten into it.

Sad thing is, this is the best documentation I have ever seen produced by offshore. Though, as I rationalise it, that was the reason for my pickiness; if it was irredeemably shyte I'd have just written it again myself. Hopefully they'll take my advises on board...

Comment

In a meeting then I'm going to the supermarket.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Not feeling very charitable during a spec review session just then. Far too much "Refer the below detail's for rule's for processing the payment's" for my liking. I suppose it was my fault then that it over ran by 2 hours whilst some semblance of sanity was beaten into it.

Sad thing is, this is the best documentation I have ever seen produced by offshore. Though, as I rationalise it, that was the reason for my pickiness; if it was irredeemably shyte I'd have just written it again myself. Hopefully they'll take my advises on board...
                    Small victories Rodders, eh?
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Yep. Grab 'em where you can.

Comment

Working...
                      X