• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lincolnshire sausage bap for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Links are up

Comment

Popped across town to Staples. In the few months since I was last there they've demolished half of the building, built a new and bigger store on the site, moved everything into it, and are now most of the way through demolishing the other half (which also contained Maplin, who moved out last summer)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Lincolnshire sausage bap for lunch
          Nice

My nephew brought me some Pork and cheddar sausages at the weekend, so Im going to give them a try for tonights tea.

Comment

It's a small achievement but my submission is currently top of hacker news.

Not done that since k had something accepted at slashdot.org back in the 90s
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              It's a small achievement but my submission is currently top of hacker news.

Not done that since k had something accepted at slashdot.org back in the 90s
              Nice one!

I had a few submissions accepted by Slashdot back in the day. One time, it was a thing a friend had written on his own site. I warned him, and he warned his hosting company. They were a small firm and knew his site did pretty well already, so they said if things got out of hand they would seamlessly switch him to a dedicated server for a day or so at no extra charge. Once everybody had been warned, I submitted it. It was accepted and went on the home page within about half an hour.

My mate kept monitoring the activity on the site; I can't remember the figures now, but it was full-on Slashdot Effect. His hosts kept everything running smoothly, and he finished up with some really nice graphs of what it looks like when your site is descended upon by the unwashed masses, then they all go away again within about twenty-four hours

EDIT: just checked - it was http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/microscope.html and, according to the note he added at the bottom, he got over 150,000 hits in the first hour!
              Last edited by NickFitz; 18 April 2016, 20:42.

Comment

Tonight's meal involved a small (~1lb) joint of smoked cured pork loin I picked up at M&S; so, ham then.

I put it on a wire rack in a roasting tin, with water beneath, but not touching. I wrapped the whole shebang in foil, tightly sealed round the edges of the tin, and cooked it in the oven, preheated to around 200°, for around forty minutes. Then I took the foil off for about ten minutes, just to dry off the outside. (I almost scalded myself on the huge cloud of steam that poured out when I loosened the foil.)

Then I let it rest, wrapped in foil, for ten minutes or so while I got chips, beans, and a fried egg together. As those were coming to fruition, I quickly carved a few thick slices off it, and dished everything up.

And you know what? It was one of the most utterly delicious meals I've had in ages

Plus my flat now smells strongly of ham, which is nice

Comment

Morning
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Working...
                      X