• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Yes there is that too.

Unless you're already blue.
    We know a song about that!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Gosh, the aunty and uncle just got upped in Doctor Who.

Which formed a small part of the evening's entertainment, the rest being provided by assorted Oz customs progs and NZ police patrol progs.
      Last edited by zeitghost; 25 June 2017, 08:01.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Gosh, the ante just got upped in Doctor Who.
        Ante | Define Ante at Dictionary.com

Poker. a fixed but arbitrary stake put into the pot by each player before the deal.
        in there before our other pedants!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Wow, that time already?

The evening's entertainment commenced with Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow, which turned out to be Groundhog Day but with folksy traditional weather forecasting rituals replaced with brutal carnage and unending suffering in a war against savage and relentless aliens, which I think we can all agree is a step up in the entertainment stakes, and which I found so enjoyable that I didn't even care about the occasional plot hole or inconsistency

This was followed by a rewatching of The Big Short - an awesome film, with the bonus of being a true story, and even going out of its way to break the fourth wall and tell you when the truth is being tweaked slightly for expository purposes; and, of course, pointing out when something which seems obviously made up for such purposes is in fact completely true. Definitely the best film there is about the utter tulip show on Wall Street that got us all into this global economic nightmare ten years ago (though Margin Call is also essential viewing)

And just for the hell of it I subjected myself to another couple of episodes of Quantico, which becomes more like that grossly unrealistic soap opera Joey from Friends was in with every episode. In fact, if they turn round in the next episode and claim that somebody did something because terrorists had kidnapped them and given them a brain transplant, I wouldn't be surprised unless what the recipient had done was in character with the donor, as that would suggest they'd tried to introduce an element of consistency to the storyline

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Comment

Raining today

Comment

Definitely damp around here.

But nicely cool.

Comment

This week's beef cooked & consumed.

The gravy was as unpleasant as it was a fortnight ago.

Still dunno what I'm doing wrong there.

Ho hum.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey (out there) and warm (in here, possibly also out there) again

The rain we were promised seems to have been cancelled

Comment

Working...
                      X