• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One side of the valley is Simpsonsesque and bathed in sunshine, the other is like Gotterdamerung with added Valkyries.

No helicopters though.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Oh FFS. Delivery failed, no option to select a day when I'll be at home for re-delivery, or pick it up from anywhere. Cancelled it as I won't be here when they attempt another delivery tomorrow; I'll have to re-order it on Thursday for delivery on Friday

Though even the cancellation isn't guaranteed to have actually happened; I'll just have to wait and see if I keep getting failed delivery attempts
      Phone them up and give them some tulip.

They will then delay delivery until you are in.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Phone them up and give them some tulip.

They will then delay delivery until you are in.
        No phone number for Amazon Logistics, is there?

Anyway, sod it - they can take it back. It's not anything I need urgently, so I'll just order again on Thursday. Unless the price has gone up, in which case I'll wait until it goes down again; it does that a lot.

Comment

No phone number for Amazon Logistics, is there?
          You phone up Amazon customer services and have a whinge.

Depending on your whinge they give you a month's free prime membership or a few pounds Amazon voucher.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            You phone up Amazon customer services and have a whinge.

Depending on your whinge they give you a month's free prime membership or a few pounds Amazon voucher.
            Ah, right. Given that I absolutely hate talking on the phone, and it's not something I need urgently or even in much of a rush at all, I don't think I'll bother

I ordered it now mainly because it was cheap; it's one of those consumable products where the price fluctuates a lot from week to week (or even day to day), so it'll be just as cheap again soon even if it goes up before Thursday

Comment

Comment

Fish pie for dinner.

Comment

Ah, right. Given that I absolutely hate talking on the phone, and it's not something I need urgently or even in much of a rush at all, I don't think I'll bother

I ordered it now mainly because it was cheap; it's one of those consumable products where the price fluctuates a lot from week to week (or even day to day), so it'll be just as cheap again soon even if it goes up before Thursday
                  I got Mrs MarkyMark to use the Amazon online chat to sort a problem out for me recently.
                  Worked out very well

She knows I hate dealing with such things
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

TFBSZ. Alarm set for 3.30, driver picking me up at 4. Lounging around T5 by 4.45. Back home around this time tomorrow night
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Dinner hasn't really transpired, as a couple of freshly-baked sausage rolls late in the afternoon proved to be quite filling; so I just had a nectarine

I have also undertaken the arduous business of cleaning the deep fat fryer, so lovely golden chips will be my reward, as and when I get around to making them

Comment

Working...
                      X