• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home!

Good run back today - made it here before six

And it was nice and sunny when I arrived, in contrast to the almost entirely cloudy conditions over in East Anglia during the day; but now I'm back, the sun has immediately gone behind a large bank of cloud

Comment

Canapés: 1/4 racks of ribs in BBQ sauce with chilli & onion. Pasta. Salad. Cheap red wine.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I don't mean to be a wine snob, but http://www.matthewclark.co.uk/produc...ern-australia/ is RAF, even though I'm onto the second bottle in half an hour.

Comment

Rained just now, and there was a rainbow. I know this because my photographer friend who lives down the road tweeted a photo he took of it, having poked his head out of his loft skylight

Comment

Proper banana moon out there in, or near, the west

Roast duck for dinner, being much of the other half of the one from Sunday

And now, as I neither have to drive to work nor let the bins out in the morning, and the gasman doesn't cometh until the afternoon, I shall have a beer or so and watch a film

Comment

Oh dear.After the wine and beer, a friend of mine messaged me to say her husband was also here tonight. Just met up with him for a beer (or two) and some whiskies. The last round at the Pot Still cost £36. He had a Balvenie (yes, B, not D) that was aged in rum casks. I'd had it earlier and liked it. HIs friend had a 10 year old Bushmills. I'd spotted a bottle of Yamazaki, so I finished the night with an 18yo.
              Bush = £4
              Balvenie = £6
              Yamazaki = £26.

Tomorrow I will be talking to my accountant.

Comment

Tonight's movie extravaganza was Bridge of Spies which was absolutely excellent

And after that, a couple of episodes of season two of Mr Robot.

Spoiler Alert
                It occurs to me that there are certain parallels between Elliot's interactions with his father and Pirsig's interactions with Phaeadrus in Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. But maybe that's just me
                End Spoiler Alert

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X