• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

If Brillo's children want to learn to drive, don't stand anywhere near their way....

FTFY
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Turned into a lovely sunny afternoon out there now

The shopping has been done, and put away. There seemed like quite a lot of it, but only because I needed to restock boring non-perishable stuff like foil and clingfilm. And now I've managed to free some space in the freezer by using stuff, I had to get other stuff to put in there

Comment

The compost heap is about to be graced with some mouldy & semirotten carrots.

Plus I forgot to buy any broccoli.

Ho very hum.

Comment

Having spent ages pondering what have for dinner, I remembered that I'd already taken it out of the freezer to defrost last night, so there was nothing to decide

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Having spent ages pondering what have for dinner, I remembered that I'd already taken it out of the freezer to defrost last night, so there was nothing to decide
            Would you like any sachets of Ketchup with these, Sir?

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Dinner was BBQ'd tuna steak with a very nice 2004 Chateau Roc St Michel
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  Would you like any sachets of Ketchup with these, Sir?

Sadly nothing so good

Still very nice though: a rack of ribs in smoky Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, with chips

And I found an old episode of Police Ten 7 on Pick to watch whilst dining. It's the New Zealand version of those shows where a camera crew follows the police around but, being New Zealand, about 90% of the cases are things like a pissed teenager kicking the neighbour's garden gate and breaking a hinge.

So you get a few minutes of the police patiently persuading an annoyed middle-aged man to go back in his house, and taking the teenager home to his parents, and it's all wrapped up with the voiceover bloke saying something like "The errant teen returned next day to fix the gate, and no further action was taken."

When you consider that these are the incidents thought worthy of inclusion in a TV show, you have to wonder how quiet a life the police over there must have the rest of the time

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Sadly nothing so good

Still very nice though: a rack of ribs in smoky Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, with chips

And I found an old episode of Police Ten 7 on Pick to watch whilst dining. It's the New Zealand version of those shows where a camera crew follows the police around but, being New Zealand, about 90% of the cases are things like a pissed teenager kicking the neighbour's garden gate and breaking a hinge.

So you get a few minutes of the police patiently persuading an annoyed middle-aged man to go back in his house, and taking the teenager home to his parents, and it's all wrapped up with the voiceover bloke saying something like "The errant teen returned next day to fix the gate, and no further action was taken."

When you consider that these are the incidents thought worthy of inclusion in a TV show, you have to wonder how quiet a life the police over there must have the rest of the time
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Working...
                      X