• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

A couple of hours and one more day until my holiday

Comment

I am weak willed and keep logging in from home. So my work pc will be switched off.

Comment

Auditors have been and gone. And we passed!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Cannibalism.....
            Kinda, but also a good way of getting protein and fat into them in a form that their bodies are used to producing.

(Cannibalism is a polite way of putting it, I've heard of others that are a lot ruder)
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Auditors have been and gone. And we passed!
              We? WE?

Shirley you mean the ClientCo.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                We? WE?

Shirley you mean the ClientCo.
                I believe Brillo is still a stinking permie, at least for the next few weeks.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Home, and weekend!

Not a bad run home, though the local traffic was worse than ever. And at one point on the A14 everything had slowed down because there was a big crane-bearing vehicle a couple of miles ahead that couldn't do more than about 30mph, and all the lorries were having to overtake it, causing braking waves to propagate back; and then an ambulance appeared behind us on blues and twos, so I ended up taking a slow detour into the long grass of the central reservation while it got past. It makes a change

Today was a bugger. The general way things work at the moment is that I start in on something on Tuesday, working out what's needed and so forth; then on Wednesday I get things together, work out what won't work, and so on; and finally on Thursday it all comes together and I get the thing done. Sort of a three-day sprint, and it works very well.

All was going smoothly until lunchtime, when it became apparent that the rough spec I'd been given on Tuesday didn't mean what I thought it meant, and a big chunk of work was going to have to be pulled to bits and put back together again a different way

Anyway, I got it all sorted just before home time; or at least it seemed sorted
                  Last edited by NickFitz; 6 April 2017, 17:37. Reason: tyop

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    1/8th of an aspirin, half a boiled egg, and she's perked up.

Comment

There we are, this evening's tea has been consumed, consisting as it did of two nice bowls of lentil <pfffffft> soup.

Considering the amount of farting I've done after yesterday's turkey repast, tomorrow should be really really fragrant.

Today I discovered the SF story I've been searching for for years.

Turns out it was written by Roger Zelazny and collected in one of his first anthologies, namely

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Do..._Other_Stories

There are two stories in there that resonate with me, namely "The Keys to December" and "Lucifer".

"The Keys to December" tells the story of some genetically engineered "humans" who lose their planet to a nova, while "Lucifer" is a post apocalyptic tale.

It's funny how these stories stay with you over half a century.
                      Last edited by zeitghost; 6 April 2017, 18:00.

Comment

Working...
                      X