• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got home to find the council had delivered the new edition of plastic boxes (recycling, for the use of), which, at a stroke, have rendered the thousands of bin bags redundant.

Ho fecking hum.

Though said bin bags may still be used for "green waste" apparently.

They may regret this when I put out 50 or 60 binbags full of moss.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Morning all TFIF, etc.
      Ommmmmm.

Comment

Morning all

Not a bad day here this morning - a bit grey but not too chilly. Promising.

Comment

Back in client co. with the sniffles.

On the basis of the traditional advice to starve a fever and feed a cold, breakfast was eggs, beans, bacon and fried bread.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

On the basis of the traditional advice to starve a fever and feed a cold, breakfast was eggs, beans, bacon and fried bread.
            Chair of the Royal College of Physicians in 5…4…3…

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Now that sounds like an excellent idea. There's a van just round the corner who do monster breakfast cobs.

We all seem to be coughing away in here today, although how much of that is down to sitting right under the extra-dry aircon is unclear.

Comment

Just had a phone call from Enterprise. My ordered white van hasn't been returned in time so they are giving me a bigger one for the weekend.

Please note that from around 6pm tonight I will be on the A31/M3/M27/A31/A35.
                As I get closer to Devon, I'll put up UKIP flags so that I am more accepted by the locals
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

We've just had a meeting request where everyone is "required" to spend the first half of Monday attending a town hall presentation by the "transformation team" and then clean the office.

Needless to say that kind of thing isn't in my agreed deliverables, and my desk is already clean - into the "decline" pile it goes. I wonder what the other contractors plan to do.

Comment

Shopping has been done, mainly in the rain which has stopped now I'm no longer outside

This week's adventure included a trip to B&Q for a load of decorating stuff, including the paint with which I will be relieved of the hideous bright yellow walls of the kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                      We've just had a meeting request where everyone is "required" to spend the first half of Monday attending a town hall presentation by the "transformation team" and then clean the office.

Needless to say that kind of thing isn't in my agreed deliverables, and my desk is already clean - into the "decline" pile it goes. I wonder what the other contractors plan to do.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X