• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    morning. And Friday Morning too, which is better.

Switched my energy supplier already - I was prompted by the receipt of an annual statement. Gone with some co-operative managed by Nottingham council on grounds of cheapness and having fallen out with most of the names I actually recognised £42 a month for dual fuel - the benefits of 1) having a log burner 2) working away through winter and 3) quite liking a cool bedroom to sleep in anyway
    I've changed to Robin Hood as well!
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I've changed to Robin Hood as well!
      They're very good - we've been with then since Dec 2015.

Comment

Stuck in a meeting but least I can moan on here.

It's taken 15 mins to go through one slide.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Back in client co. with the sniffles.

On the basis of the traditional advice to starve a fever and feed a cold, breakfast was eggs, beans, bacon and fried bread.
          Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Chair of the Royal College of Physicians in 5…4…3…
          Lunch has been pie, chips, peas and gravy.

Purely for medicinal purposes, you understand.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Lunch has been pie, chips, peas and gravy.

Purely for medicinal purposes, you understand.
            I went to Greggs but then I was fitting in some shopping before my boring meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              I went to Greggs but then I was fitting in some shopping before my boring meeting.
              Unsure whether that qualifies as "for medicinal purposes" at least not in my mind
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

The gas man came early, as he'd just been on a job nearby, so the gas cooker has slipped the surly bonds of the mains gas supply

It's slightly sad, in a way, that it's worked away there for innumerable tenants, almost certainly since this place was converted into flats around 1987, but has finally come to the end of its tour of duty and been stood down

Maybe I should get a bugler round to play the Last Post when it's taken away

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  The gas man came early, as he'd just been on a job nearby, so the gas cooker has slipped the surly bonds of the mains gas supply

It's slightly sad, in a way, that it's worked away there for innumerable tenants, almost certainly since this place was converted into flats around 1987, but has finally come to the end of its tour of duty and been stood down

Maybe I should get a bugler round to play the Last Post when it's taken away
                  Indeed.

I felt the same way when my parents' trusty gas boiler was replaced by the current computer controlled piece of crap.

And when the back boiler in my house was replaced by a combi.

Comment

Did some work.

Found a metal trolley that someone had lost.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Did some work.

Found a metal trolley that someone had lost.
                      Property of a Mr. J Sainsbury by any chance?

Comment

Working...
                      X