• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    The last time I tried the clingfilm trick it didn't go well, the clingfilm was so cold it fragmented when I tried to defrost the stuff & I had to spend ages picking bits of fecking clingfilm out of what was supposed to be my tea.

It might be that the freezer is overly enthusiastic of course.
    Ah, I'd forgotten about that - happened to me a few times

Another one is the cling film ceasing to cling once it's frozen, so I go to grab something and the film sort of unravels and slips off, leaving the food behind

Comment

Just discovered that the double density drives on the Intel blue box used some obscure format called M2FM which seems to be totally unlike almost anything else, other than some weird format that HP used on the 9845 8" floppy disks.

Just as well I stuck to the bog standard SD FM 8" diskettes then.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        The last time I tried the clingfilm trick it didn't go well, the clingfilm was so cold it fragmented when I tried to defrost the stuff & I had to spend ages picking bits of fecking clingfilm out of what was supposed to be my tea.

It might be that the freezer is overly enthusiastic of course.
        The clingfilm needs to say it's freezer safe.

Some can't go in the freezer and some can't go in the microwave.

I started looking years ago when some friend said ou can cancer from using the wrong type of clingfilm in the wrong place.

Oh and it isn't cost related.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Time for dinner!

Oh, hang on: I've frozen it

I'd better go to the Chinese instead

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Time for dinner!

Oh, hang on: I've frozen it

I'd better go to the Chinese instead
            Lazy!
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

TFBSZ
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                TFBSZ
                Sweet dreams if any

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Lazy!
                  It's almost half a mile there and back, you know! Maybe a bit less

Anyway, it was very palatable

The Chinese lady is still on holiday. I don't know how long she's gone for.

Comment

While I was eating I watched a hospital documentary from BBC Northern Ireland. They had a chap having a stent put in, like I did

There was also an interesting bit about brain surgery. A speech therapist met with the patient and talked about various subjects with him. Then, while the surgeon was picking the tumour out of his brain, she was there and talked about the same subjects with him, as she could detect if the surgeon was affecting healthy tissue by minute changes in the way he structured his sentences or found words

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      24 hours with NLYUK?
                      What I'm planning wouldn't leave me half so sore!
                      Last edited by DaveB; 22 January 2017, 06:43.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X