• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The accumulated rust & gearbox oil from the leaky washing machine was remarkable.

Just as well it was sat on a nice tarpaulin.

Comment

Next door I have a 286 pc with a Seagate 40Mb drive in it.

It made rather odd noises the last time I turned it on, some 5 years ago.

I've also got a PC XT with a full height 10Mb drive that someone spoiled by putting dos5 on. Ho hum.

Comment

It's pretty impressive that ISIS II didn't have a check disk.

I had to write one myself on the GA16-220.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

I've also got a PC XT with a full height 10Mb drive that someone spoiled by putting dos5 on. Ho hum.
          You make me laugh as I got rid of my two PCs a couple of years ago as they were taking up space and I had 2 laptops, a notebook and a tablet. I now have 5 laptops (including a client one) , a notebook and a tablet... Feck - time for a clear out.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Bad news recently as MrsMarkyMarks legs been done in, long story

Her Client Co have been very understanding apart from one bad apple .

However, has all worked out, bad apple hung herself badly, Client Co still want her onsite from Monday, so are now paying for a driver to get her there and back (up to 3.5 hours drive each way).
            Along with the psychotherapy this could go on for a few months......

I haven't seen someone quite so happy as the Mrs is right now
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

However, has all worked out, bad apple hung herself badly, Client Co still want her onsite from Monday, so are now paying for a driver to get her there and back (up to 3.5 hours drive each way).

Comment

Just upgraded my MBA to Sierra. Mail.app is now attempting to "upgrade your mail database" which "may take a few minutes". Whenever I do an upgrade that includes major changes to Mail it gets a bit bogged down on the junk mail folder, which contains every single piece of spam I've received since mid-2006

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

Good to see light in the tunnel!

Hope it gets better.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

strip the drives down, the platters make great coaasters.

The magnets are great as well, my drill stand has a chuck key retainer from a drive magnet etc
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Strip the drive down?

I paid £155 for that 40Mb in 1991 and it's hardly been run in yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X