• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Off to B&Q again, having realised that the non-square nature of the chimney breast meant I needed a try square to measure up correctly for butchering the worktop, and I naturally didn't have such a sophisticated piece of technology.

This degenerated rapidly into wandering the tools aisle thinking "I ought to have one of those", "I lent that to so-and-so years ago", and what have you.

~£128 later I managed to escape with my arms full of stuff, a try square balanced precariously on top
    You tried the washer trick?

Fitting Kitchen Worktops
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      You tried the washer trick?

Fitting Kitchen Worktops
      Good one

Comment

Better get to sleep if I'm to be up for eight

Goodnight all

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Critical project management meeting was held about 5 hours ago, the result of which would determine whether we go live or not.
              You'd expect that the PM team would want to communicate out to those on the project the results of the meeting. No they haven't.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Off to B&Q again, having realised that the non-square nature of the chimney breast meant I needed a try square to measure up correctly for butchering the worktop, and I naturally didn't have such a sophisticated piece of technology.

This degenerated rapidly into wandering the tools aisle thinking "I ought to have one of those", "I lent that to so-and-so years ago", and what have you.

~£128 later I managed to escape with my arms full of stuff, a try square balanced precariously on top
                  Or you could just cut the worksurface to as close as possible and then add a splash back, this will hopefully follow the wall and cover any poor cuts.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out

Wickes should be arriving with the worktop in about five minutes

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                      Or you could just cut the worksurface to as close as possible and then add a splash back, this will hopefully follow the wall and cover any poor cuts.
                      I thought about that, but then my inner obsessive got into thinking about how to precisely map the kitchen onto the worktop for cutting, and that seems like more fun

Comment

Working...
                      X