• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Ugh, jeez. I can smell the garlic from here...

Prefer the smell of garlic to raw man scent, but maybe that's just me
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Why me.....

So the good lady is at home with a bad cold so I thought I'd play a few of her fave songs from Spotify via the Echo remotely. Little do I know that a) She finally got to sleep on the sofa b) the kids have been dicking around with her play list and put a load of grime songs (whatever that is) in and c) turned the echo up to full while we were away at the weekend.

So basically I'm in the dog house....
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Why me.....

So the good lady is at home with a bad cold so I thought I'd play a few of her fave songs from Spotify via the Echo remotely. Little do I know that a) She finally got to sleep on the sofa b) the kids have been dicking around with her play list and put a load of grime songs (whatever that is) in and c) turned the echo up to full while we were away at the weekend.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

One of them yelled 'Oh that drop was duuuuurty. Just sick' the other week.

I though we had another infant in the house. I nearly ran in with a packet of wet wipes, marigolds and a peg on my nose. Forgot they were both late teens for a second. :

Why can't the yoof of today use nice words like that 'That drop was utterly pleasant. Outstanding'

Comment

Why me.....

Comment

Off to B&Q again, having realised that the non-square nature of the chimney breast meant I needed a try square to measure up correctly for butchering the worktop, and I naturally didn't have such a sophisticated piece of technology.

This degenerated rapidly into wandering the tools aisle thinking "I ought to have one of those", "I lent that to so-and-so years ago", and what have you.

~£128 later I managed to escape with my arms full of stuff, a try square balanced precariously on top
              Last edited by NickFitz; 17 January 2017, 16:03. Reason: Turns out it's a try, not set, square. Been getting that wrong my whole life.

Comment

One of them yelled 'Oh that drop was duuuuurty. Just sick' the other week.

I though we had another infant in the house. I nearly ran in with a packet of wet wipes, marigolds and a peg on my nose. Forgot they were both late teens for a second. :

Why can't the yoof of today use nice words like that 'That drop was utterly pleasant. Outstanding'
                You were young once and used slang your parents disapproved off.

Anyway if you want them to stop using it just use some of their terms in front of their friends' in a very natural way.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  You were young once and used slang your parents disapproved off.

Anyway if you want them to stop using it just use some of their terms in front of their friends' in a very natural way.
                  Hmm that's a good idea. I wondered what I could do now I've been told running after them yelling 'pants down' is inappropriate. I'll be 'cool dad' instead.

Comment

Hmm that's a good idea. I wondered what I could do now I've been told running after them yelling 'pants down' is inappropriate. I'll be 'cool dad' instead.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Off to B&Q again, having realised that the non-square nature of the chimney breast meant I needed a try square to measure up correctly for butchering the worktop, and I naturally didn't have such a sophisticated piece of technology.

This degenerated rapidly into wandering the tools aisle thinking "I ought to have one of those", "I lent that to so-and-so years ago", and what have you.

~£128 later I managed to escape with my arms full of stuff, a try square balanced precariously on top
                      Personally I prefer Screwfix and Toolstation.

I never knew catalogue shopping could be so much fun.

Then other female family and friends' have got into it as they are so much nicer than B&Q et al...

Comment

Working...
                      X