• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    In non-DIY news, my mum's in hospital again.
    Thoughts are with you & your mum, Nick.

Comment

Well there we are, the Syd Barrett and Mary Whitehouse episode of "Endeavour" watched. It was pretty good. Especially if you got the references. Black holes in the sky.

Comment

First line of instructions for assembling kitchen cabinet: "Installation should be performed by a competent person only"

I'm sure it'll be fine
        Does it screw to the wall?

That can be tricky if you're trying to do it on your own.

The corner cabinet I assembled and fitted in the ZeityHouse(tm) was a grade a pain since it assumed that corners of a room must approximate to right angles.

It ended up being balanced on piles of books and random computery to hold it up so I could measure stuff.

Comment

Bugger. Turns out the enzyme level has risen, and they suspect she might be having a heart attack

I wonder of they have the cath lab functioning at this time of night? Wouldn't be surprised if the government has decided in its miserly wisdom to relocate it thirty miles down the road and only open it on alternate Thursdays; that's pretty much what they did to the stroke unit down there
          <--manly.

Have they got a 12 lead on her?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            <--manly.

Have they got a 12 lead on her?
            Just heard that no, they haven't: apparently the hospital only has them in A&E and on the cardiac unit, but not on the ward where she's currently having to spend the night

She used to be a cardiographer many years ago; if they'd just hook her up to one and show her the screen, she could tell them herself exactly what's wrong. She's done that before, much to the confusion of the doctor

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Does it screw to the wall?

That can be tricky if you're trying to do it on your own.

The corner cabinet I assembled and fitted in the ZeityHouse(tm) was a grade a pain since it assumed that corners of a room must approximate to right angles.

It ended up being balanced on piles of books and random computery to hold it up so I could measure stuff.
              Yes, that's pretty much how I foresee this working out. In addition, I've got a 2 metre laminated worktop to cut down to fit, which needs to be about 127cm at the front; and I've just sussed out, while dinner was on, that the inside wall of the chimney breast isn't quite at a right angle, meaning the worktop will have to be about 1cm wider at the back

But I'm sure it'll be fine

Comment

Just ordered a new freezer (one of those fridge-sized ones) from John Lewis to be delivered on Wednesday, as everything else is arriving then so I might as well get that in the mix too

In fact, the main reason is that they'll take away the old upright fridge freezer, which will make it easier to get into the corner where the new cabinet needs to be fitted. And once the new freezer has been pressed into service, I can arrange for the other fridge freezer, whose fridge part is so useless that it's nearly given me food poisoning on many occasions, to be removed, along with the cabinet I'm ripping out at the other end of the kitchen to make room for the new fridge and freezer

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning all
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Hope your mum is doing better today Nick!

Comment

Working...
                      X