• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This afternoon I have battled¹ my way² through the tempest³ to a mighty cavern, whence I return with wondrous things.

¹ driven in normal weekday traffic
    ² around the ring road
    ³ occasional light drizzle
    B&Q
    a flatpack kitchen cabinet and a spirit level

Comment

The B&Q stock check thingy on their website told me they didn't have the doors I was thinking of getting for this cabinet, so I figured I'd see what else they had. They turned out to have copious quantities of what seemed to be the exact door - about two dozen of them, at a a guess. Just checked and it's the same product code number; and the stock checker still says they don't have any

I suppose we should just be glad it doesn't say they now have -2 of them…

Comment

Worktop ordered from Wickes for delivery on Wednesday. I couldn't fit one in the car. Most places only sell them in 3m lengths, which would take up much of the length of the kitchen; Wickes has them at 2m which I can just about manage to cut down to size (~128cm) myself

Comment

I really miss the B&Q we used to have in Neath.

I could trot down there & get stuff.

Now we've still got Wilkinsons but it's not the same & the B&Q in Morfa is a pain in the arse to get to, though not as big a pain in the arse as Wickes in Cwmbwrla is.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            I really miss the B&Q we used to have in Neath.

I could trot down there & get stuff.

Now we've still got Wilkinsons but it's not the same & the B&Q in Morfa is a pain in the arse to get to, though not as big a pain in the arse as Wickes in Cwmbwrla is.
            Wilkinsons began as a shop here in Leicester, on a terraced street of shops which was (of course) demolished in the 1960s and replaced with bland council housing

Comment

In non-DIY news, my mum's in hospital again. She was bad today, and had to go down to A&E. They thought it might be the pneumonia, which has been lingering and kicking in now and again, but they didn't find any sign of it. Then, in passing, she mentioned that she also has chest pain. So they checked that, and she had elevated levels of a heart enzyme (I don't know which one, I'm just getting info by text at the moment).

She's due to have another enzyme test around now. If it's remained at the same level, that'll be OK (though I'm still thinking it probably shouldn't be there at a level that causes concern in the first place), but if it's gone up they're planning to do a coronary bypass

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                In non-DIY news, my mum's in hospital again. She was bad today, and had to go down to A&E. They thought it might be the pneumonia, which has been lingering and kicking in now and again, but they didn't find any sign of it. Then, in passing, she mentioned that she also has chest pain. So they checked that, and she had elevated levels of a heart enzyme (I don't know which one, I'm just getting info by text at the moment).

She's due to have another enzyme test around now. If it's remained at the same level, that'll be OK (though I'm still thinking it probably shouldn't be there at a level that causes concern in the first place), but if it's gone up they're planning to do a coronary bypass
                <-- teapotly

Hope she's OK.

Comment

Well, she's had the second test and they're keeping her in overnight so the coronary care team can have a look at her in the morning. To me, that suggests they don't think she's got serious problems with her heart as they'd have her down the CCU straight away if they did. Also, her chest pains have now gone.

From the optimistic perspective, and based on the information I have, I reckon there's probably nothing worse than usual going on with the heart, but I know from experience that once they've started considering it they'll always get the coronary people to sign off on it just in case. Anyway, we should know more in the morning, so fingers crossed

Comment

First line of instructions for assembling kitchen cabinet: "Installation should be performed by a competent person only"

I'm sure it'll be fine

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Well, she's had the second test and they're keeping her in overnight so the coronary care team can have a look at her in the morning. To me, that suggests they don't think she's got serious problems with her heart as they'd have her down the CCU straight away if they did. Also, her chest pains have now gone.

From the optimistic perspective, and based on the information I have, I reckon there's probably nothing worse than usual going on with the heart, but I know from experience that once they've started considering it they'll always get the coronary people to sign off on it just in case. Anyway, we should know more in the morning, so fingers crossed
                      Bugger. Turns out the enzyme level has risen, and they suspect she might be having a heart attack

I wonder of they have the cath lab functioning at this time of night? Wouldn't be surprised if the government has decided in its miserly wisdom to relocate it thirty miles down the road and only open it on alternate Thursdays; that's pretty much what they did to the stroke unit down there

Comment

Working...
                      X