• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Update - no fine to be applied. Just the amount owed, plus interest.

<goes away to sit nervously whilst thinking i'm on a naughty list somewhere in Hectors hollowed out volcano headquarters>

And that's on a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Strange I hear it referred to as 'going to temple' not gurdwara.
      The point is that there are more people of Pakistani origin than Indian living in Slough. So to refer to the Asian population as Indian is a wee bit lazy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_Slough

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        The point is that there are more people of Pakistani origin than Indian living in Slough. So to refer to the Asian population as Indian is a wee bit lazy.

Perhaps they came around the time of partition and think of themselves as Indian?

Comment

Perhaps they came around the time of partition and think of themselves as Indian?
          In which case I'm very happy that vetran has taken the trouble to get to know the wishes of his neighbours so well.

For the census, where the figures came from, you self-identify.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_subcontinent

I was calling them Baltic states not Europeans or Estonians.

But the fact they wore Saris not Hijabs suggest they come from India the Hindu+ country not Pakistan the Muslim one.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Another grey day; dry now, but there's a belt of showers approaching

Comment

Update - no fine to be applied. Just the amount owed, plus interest.

<goes away to sit nervously whilst thinking i'm on a naughty list somewhere in Hectors hollowed out volcano headquarters>

The benefits of Hamface & Co. imposing extra burdens on HMRC while not noticeably increasing the number of personnel become apparent

Though they really should stop doing the same thing to the NHS

Comment

The battery is still charging. It's only a 3A RMS output charger, which a housemate left behind many years ago when they moved on, and which they in turn had probably borrowed from their father. Looking at the styling - or lack thereof - I'd reckon it's probably from the 1970s or 1980s.

The needle is now ditzing about between the 1.5 and 2A marks, sometimes staying still for a while, then twitching a little before settling higher or lower. Dunno if that's a good thing or not, but it's not getting hot, which apparently means its unlikely to explode just yet

Comment

Just been on a conf call with the business. As a result of which I have to come up with a solution to control the weather because this is clearly an IT issue.

Moon on a stick sir? Sure, I'm on a daily rate.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Just been on a conf call with the business. As a result of which I have to come up with a solution to control the weather because this is clearly an IT issue.

Moon on a stick sir? Sure, I'm on a daily rate.
                      push that envelope sir!

ODQ

Dilbert Comic Strip on 2001-07-05 | Dilbert by Scott Adams
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X