• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just had my special database access auto removed, due to a forgotten reauthorisation, that took me 2 months to get in the first place.

I have had it less than a month in total.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I'm losing my access privileges on my client laptop at the end of the week.

So when I come back from Xmas I won't be able to do any productive work until they are re-instated.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I'm losing my access privileges on my client laptop at the end of the week.

So when I come back from Xmas I won't be able to do any productive work until they are re-instated.
        These guys remove access left right and centre.
        This particular access is one of the hardest to get in the bank, it's very restricted.

True, balls well in their court now
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          I'm out of here as I've been very explicit about for the last month.

I'm pass my idiot quota for this clientco
          not even for a meellion pounds?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            These guys remove access left right and centre.
            This particular access is one of the hardest to get in the bank, it's very restricted.

True, balls well in their court now
            Client organiser has told everyone on the teams I work with to ask for them back, so it must be a frequent occurrence.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Client Co manager, who I know of old, that I also know as Teflon, decided to try and mail me an action in front of a large audience.

My repy to the same audience was a joy to behold, clearly explaining although I'm there and happy to advise and help, I will not be doing anything else apart from that.

He then replied that he thought I had done enough, for now, yesterday.........right answer
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                not even for a meellion pounds?
                Nope and I've also just thrown a major how on earth didn't you cover this in the 100's of process meetings I avoided until now spanner to their plans
                Last edited by eek; 13 December 2016, 13:23.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Home again, with a revamped car and the shopping

The guys on the desk at the Toyota dealership, who admittedly aren't mechanics as far as I'm aware, insisted on referring to the ambient temperature sensor replacement as "fixing the outside temperature display". By my understanding, the display on the dashboard is a side effect, something that's there because they've got the sensor so they might as well show what it's sensing; the primary purpose of it is as an input to the engine management system, which adjusts the fuel injection based on the temperature of the air being taken in from outside.

Anyway, although it could be a case of hearing what I want to hear, I got the impression that the engine was running rather better and accelerating more smoothly now it's been fixed

Comment

Evening all. Bags packed, taxi booked for 5.20am, a couple more hours of work and I'll be done
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Spanish Bean soup for lunch. It should have been called F* Off Spicy Spanish Bean soup though

Comment

Working...
                      X