• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Rain, rain, rain

Forecast to go on all day, too. Ah well, I don't have to go anywhere except to the doctor's next door for my flu jab this afternoon, and right now I have freshly-brewed coffee and buttered toast

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Morning denizens

Rain, rain, rain

Forecast to go on all day, too. Ah well, I don't have to go anywhere except to the doctor's next door for my flu jab this afternoon, and right now I have freshly-brewed coffee and buttered toast
      Same here. Although since here isn't actually that far from there in practical terms, that's not surprising.

Horrible drive to client co. this morning with driving wind and rain all the way. Topped off by realizing I had forgotten my client co. security pass meaning I had to tramp all the way back around the building to the main entrance in order to gain entry, rather than using the far more convenient side door.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Just got on an empty train when the door lights came on, selected a decent looking seat from afar and made my way there only to find a pair of stranglers gloves left on the seat. Is this a sign? And if so, of what?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          Just got on an empty train when the door lights came on, selected a decent looking seat from afar and made my way there only to find a pair of stranglers gloves left on the seat. Is this a sign? And if so, of what?
          It's a sign that somebody left their gloves to keep their seat while they went to the toilet. Then the train stopped at a station and, it being forbidden to flush in stations, they waited patiently. But then they were shunted into the sidings and the train's power was turned off for the night, stopping the door from working and cutting off the heat. So they froze to death, and are still in there.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            It's a sign that somebody left their gloves to keep their seat while they went to the toilet. Then the train stopped at a station and, it being forbidden to flush in stations, they waited patiently. But then they were shunted into the sidings and the train's power was turned off for the night, stopping the door from working and cutting off the heat. So they froze to death, and are still in there.
            Well that's Xoggy's story sorted. Stranglers on a train.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

Just realised, that bacon roll won't cook itself and the Mrs is not here
              Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 21 November 2016, 09:40.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

Just realised, that bacon roll won't cook itself and the Mrs is not here
                I hope she left you a map to find the kitchen?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I hope she left you a map to find the kitchen?
                  She has lent it to the butler, who has now gone missing in the west wing
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Morning all
                    In ClientCo (UK) today and tomorrow.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      She has lent it to the butler, who has now gone missing in the west wing
                      Is that the one where Sam and Toby argue, then Leo (metaphorically) knocks their heads together and the president calms everyone down with a pithy epithet about being from New Hampshire?

Comment

Working...
                      X