• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't sleep. Cat appears to be locked in next door's garage. I can hear her meowing, but don't think it warrants disturbing the neighbours in the wee small hours.

Comment

So I'm sitting here reviewing the plan for the next two weeks here in Japan.
      That would be the plan that was used to sign off the budget to fly me (and a few others) out here.

I've got meetings this week. None the week after. So, why am I here for the second week?

...and I've been told (but it hasn't been confirmed) that I'll be home for 1 week before coming out again for a further 2 weeks.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Frosty out. I anticipate much scraping before I can set off

Comment

Morning

WFH today, but still rudely awakened by Cat being sick on the bedroom carpet....
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I think I'll get an early night, partly because I'm knackered, and partly because all I'm doing while awake is thinking about the end of this gig and getting frustrated that it isn't until next week

Goodnight all
            Me too, except my blessed escape is in 2018 at the earliest, going postal being excepted of course.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Can't sleep. Cat appears to be locked in next door's garage. I can hear her meowing, but don't think it warrants disturbing the neighbours in the wee small hours.
              Has cat been retrieved or did she make her own way home?
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Me too, except my blessed escape is in 2018 at the earliest, going postal being excepted of course.
                Time flies when you're enjoying yourself

Comment

Sodding accident on the A14 caught me in a tailback for over an hour

Two vans collided while trying to avoid a broken-down HGV, apparently. Given the way most vans are driven along there, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often

Comment

7.30pm, finished for the day.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tea time
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X