• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Same here about the fancy dress etc.. However this is slightly offset by the fact some of those dressed up are scantily clad ladies
    Yes, from the tea making balcony I've just been watching a zombie nurse fishing her mobile out of her bra.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Today's question from the H&S twonk: "Do you have any dimethyl hydrazine in stock?".
      Rather embarassing, but on a calmer perusal of the email, it's " 2,4 DNP (Dinitrophenyl hydrazine)" rather than rocket fuel.

How disappointing.

It's explosive if it's allowed to dry out.

And, by the by, the place down on the front is reopening its closed chemistry dept next year, seeing as demand for chemistry courses is now much greater than it was in 2004 when the old course closed down.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Rather embarassing, but on a calmer perusal of the email, it's " 2,4 DNP (Dinitrophenyl hydrazine)" rather than rocket fuel.

How disappointing.

It's explosive if it's allowed to dry out.

And, by the by, the place down on the front is reopening its closed chemistry dept next year, seeing as demand for chemistry courses is now much greater than it was in 2004 when the old course closed down.
        you could always apply for the job as teacher show them how to mix charcol, saltpetre & Sulphur in a bamboo stick should make the second week a bit quieter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66YGpJ_HbBo
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It got more and more foggy the closer I got to East Anglia. No surprises there

Apparently we may see some sun around lunchtime.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            you could always apply for the job as teacher show them how to cook crystal meth
            ftfy

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Struggling with a toxic mix of boredom and tiredness. I have relocated to the 'library'. It's a quiet space for working sans interruption contractors to surf jobserve and contemplate whether a commute to Solihul or Newcastle would be worse.

Comment

The answer is Solihul of course. Unless one is south of Sheffield.

Comment

Home!

Today's journey involved a detour to the Royal Mail at this end, to pick up a book which I meant to collect on Saturday then completely forgot about

They're based miles out on what might as well be called the McMurdo Sound Industrial Estate, but it's fairly easy to reach from the motorway junction, if not from anywhere where people live.

But cripes, it's a miserable drive back from ClientCo now the clocks have changed. The sun set just about the time I finished, and of course that will get worse; and so the occasional view which is the only thing that makes the A14 bearable is no longer part of the journey. That leaves the bit that constitutes the Kettering Ring Road as the highlight, which frankly doesn't come to much

Still, home now

Comment

TFBSZ (Due to the clocks going back here, but not in Japan, my 8am conf call is now 7am)
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X