• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Yeah. Just a bit fed up with this one. Nothing dramatic, permies are nice enough but the corporate culture leaves a bit to be desired and the penny pinching is ridiculous. Plus they seem to be of the opinion that the solution to a failing / struggling project is to add PM's and SA's and hope for the best.
    If its going to fail its going to fail. We can however share the blame a bit wider.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Yeah. Just a bit fed up with this one. Nothing dramatic, permies are nice enough but the corporate culture leaves a bit to be desired and the penny pinching is ridiculous. Plus they seem to be of the opinion that the solution to a failing / struggling project is to add PM's and SA's and hope for the best.
      A gig close to home has to be worth the hassle (I was saying that to myself yesterday when I was hung out to dry on a conference call with the Programme Manager yesterday when all the permies developed the inability to talk and explain why things hadn't moved after the Set of workshops last week, which was mainly due to said permies taking toil/annual leave to "recover")
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Morning all. Tis wet here today. Not that I need to go out much at all (farm shop stock-up session and a trip for coal and booze) it's just i'd fancied a final grass-cut of the year might have been possible once the dew had dried off. Oh and there's also a spot of WFH on a running down project and a phone interview for a client in Sheffield where I worked as a permie 10 years ago. If only I could remember what I was doing 10 years ago i'd feel a whole lot more confident about it

Comment

Bacon etc. orders have been placed

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Morning all. Tis wet here today. Not that I need to go out much at all ... it's just i'd fancied a final grass-cut of the year might have been possible once the dew had dried off.
            Sunny and dry here, want to come down and cut my grass?
            (I've checked Urban Dictionary and I don't think that's a euphemism for uphill gardening)
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              A gig close to home has to be worth the hassle (I was saying that to myself yesterday when I was hung out to dry on a conference call with the Programme Manager yesterday when all the permies developed the inability to talk and explain why things hadn't moved after the Set of workshops last week, which was mainly due to said permies taking toil/annual leave to "recover")
              Oh it is, just a bit fed up is all. Of the 18 projects I'm covering for them, only two have actually gone live and they both have snagging lists so long you'd think they were still alpha builds, which means I'm still booking time against them even though they are notionally closed, so so the guys who do the internal recharges are questioning it every time.

Which is the other bit about the gig that grates, they have an internal timekeeping process where all time spent has to be logged against a project. The PM's try to save money by asking questions in general terms without providing project codes to book time against, so a 10 minute chat ends up having major ramifications down the line that then have to be straightened out when the full facts are known.

Makes me hanker for another PS gig.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                WFH today for me too.

I don't actually mind going into the office on Fridays - clientCo have dressdown Friday, so I don't have to wear grownup clothes. I'm much more comfy in jeans.
                Onesie?

Comment

Morning all. Grey and overcast.

Had a PM from one of the other contractors in the team this morning - he's had two weeks notice through. There's another all-hands call at 11:30...

Update: just had an email from the PM. We're all being given notice, but that's OK - they might offer us a new contract. Keep calm and carry on chaps, he's sure that it won't happen. Some comfort coming from a guy who only started on the project this week!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    (I've checked Urban Dictionary and I don't think that's a euphemism for uphill gardening)
                    Tempting as it sounds...

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X