• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening all - how's it going in TPD land?

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
      Evening

I'm in the pub in Cambridge. Having finished my steak & chips and the pint of Broadside I had to accompany it, I'm now on a pint of Southwold Bitter

How's your evening?

Comment

I'm a bit

Sore throat, so had a craving for weetabix. As it was dinner, I splashed out and had three, rather than the suggested portion of two. This now means I have an uneven number of bix left, so will have to have one or three on another occasion to put the world right again.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          I'm a bit

Sore throat, so had a craving for weetabix. As it was dinner, I splashed out and had three, rather than the suggested portion of two. This now means I have an uneven number of bix left, so will have to have one or three on another occasion to put the world right again.
          Washed down with a pint of Rum? 😱
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
            Washed down with a pint of Rum? 😱
            No, that was last week.

Comment

No, that was last week.
              There's your problem. You shouldn't have cut down your rum intake so quickly....
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

How's your evening?
                My arms have DOMS.

I'm not used to doing so many arm exercises.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'm a bit

Life can get complicated so rapidly and unexpectedly. Get well and Weetabix-balanced soon

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                    Spent the last hour or so composing a formal letter threatening the guys who sold my "posh" road bike with court if they don't sort out the problems with it or replace the frame.

Took it in for a strip down and service and it turns out the internal cable guides have worn out so the gear cables can't be replaced. They are supposed to be removable for just this situation but some bright spark who built the frame decided the best way to keep them in place was to fill the bottom bracket area (where the axel for the cranks goes through) with expanding foam. So guides can't be removed and even if you did you'd never be able to fit new ones, so the frame is essentially a write off. Been arguing with them about it for 4 weeks now and they best they have come up with is to sell me a new frame at a discount, which is still over £500, because it is out of warranty.

Regardless of the warranty the Sale of Goods act as was when I bought it allows for a claim for faulty goods or an item being unfit for purpose for up to 6 years after purchase, so based on advice from Trading Standards I'm going with that on the basis that the bike was unserviceable when it was sold and as such unfit for purpose. Like selling a car and then telling the owner later that corroded clutch hydraulic pipes can't be replaced, you have to scrap the whole car and buy a new one.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Tony Blackburn is set to return to Radio 2 next year. Yeah!
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X