• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Quite right. An emergency pair of ear plugs should always be packed. I didn't have any
    must admit I always carry some with me, conf calls in the middle of a sales floor are hard work without putting one in.

The poundland ones are good.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning

A little bit of "stuff" done this morning, now time for a brew

Comment

test please delete

After a rather tulipy conf call with the beloved PM, I thought I had two tables of data to re-load due to columns being transposed in both of them. I then asked my accountant Google and discovered that it's a really simple SQL.
        3 hours of work took 3 minutes.

Time to go and check the new chickens (who have all started to grow feathers)
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Moderately annoying morning dealing with old code of mine

Rather easier afternoon ahead, dealing with even older code…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Moderately annoying morning dealing with old code of mine

Rather easier afternoon ahead, dealing with even older code…
            Originally posted by Karl Weierstrass
            “When I wrote this, only God and I understood what I was doing. Now, God only knows.”
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

It's approaching that time when I stop being here and start to be somewhere else. Naturally, the sunny and pleasant looking day has now been replaced by a grey one. Still, mustn't grumble. Tomorrow is going home after all

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Time to go and check the new chickens (who have all started to grow feathers)
                Weren't they cold without them?
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  After getting more tea
                  Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  now time for a brew
                  Sounds like a plan.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Weren't they cold without them?
                    They huddled up together on one roost at night - generated a lot of heat. Even in the 18 days that they have experienced day light, room to move and ground to scratch, they have started to look healthier.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

At the hotel

Looking forward to this time tomorrow, when my working week will be over

And also looking forward to going down the pub later for dinner and a beer or more

Comment

Working...
                      X