• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Anyway, that's clean clothes for work and clean towels, and I have no more room for drying stuff; so anything else will have to wait until tomorrow

I might get one of those small tumble dryers; drying on the clothes horse is all well and good in summer, but in winter it's a bit of a drawn-out process
    Buy an exercise bike. It's perfect for drying clothes.

Comment

@BBCArchive tweeted some 1982 footage about Asian video stores in Leicester. I immediately recognised two of the shops in it - I lived on the next street to one of them from 1983 to 1985, and the other was over the park near a really good Halal chip shop

Comment

near a really good Halal chip shop
        Halal Chips? How do you kill potatoes properly then?
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Halal Chips? How do you kill potatoes properly then?
          Same as usual, I think

That place's piri-piri chicken was awesome, though not for the faint-hearted

Comment

Speaking of chip shops, the one down the road has finally re-opened, as spotted when I was going to the Chinese for dinner - which was very nice

However from what I could tell from across the road, it doesn't seem to be the couple who took it over when Salvatore retired, and who had all his wisdom passed down to them. So maybe they decided to sell up, in which case who knows what the quality will be like? Yet another thing to fret over

Comment

Lamb shanks in the oven. In my new cast iron casserole too. I'm expecting good things in >4 hours time

The weather has perked up too, it's almost as though it knows there's lamby goodness pending.

Comment

In true TPD fashion..

Clearing out the bottom of the garage freezer, gammon joint BBF end of May 2016. I wonder what else lerks in the there?

Heavy rain at 07:30, yet the conservatory was 22 degrees by 9:30

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Bright, sunny day out

Not sure what happened to the rain that was forecast for much of today

Comment

Probably a good thing if it doesn't rain, as tonight's the Diwali lights switch-on so there'll be tens of thousands of people outdoors over the other side of the city

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Bright, sunny day out

Not sure what happened to the rain that was forecast for much of today
                      It landed on Nottinghamshire. Specifically the bits of it I was cycling around this morning.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X