• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Morning Nick

Almost time to call it a day here.

My wonderful PM told one of the managers here last week that I was coming out early to have a very important meeting with the PM. That would be the very important meeting on Monday which never happened because there wasn't one and the PM didn't drag his backside out of bed until 11.30am.
      He then told another manager today that I was here for an important meeting tomorrow with a few managers. He didn't tell the others about it. They aren't available and have suggested re-scheduling to... next Tuesday.

i.e. he's lied to several others about why I'm here. His plans have fallen apart.
      Today I have done SQRT(Fcall).
      Tomorrow I shall be doing less, then heading back to Tokyo at about 4.30pm.

Comment

Morning Nick

My wonderful PM told one of the managers here last week that I was coming out early to have a very important meeting with the PM. That would be the very important meeting on Monday which never happened because there wasn't one and the PM didn't drag his backside out of bed until 11.30am.
        He then told another manager today that I was here for an important meeting tomorrow with a few managers. He didn't tell the others about it. They aren't available and have suggested re-scheduling to... next Tuesday.

i.e. he's lied to several others about why I'm here. His plans have fallen apart.
        What was he aiming to do about from annoy everyone and be caught out?
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          What was he aiming to do about from annoy everyone and be caught out?

He was hoping that things would just happen and if they didn't happen, he was hoping that he'd have one person to blame (not necessarily me). That's his normal style of management.
          Oh, that and announcing in meetings that you will be doing work that you know nothing about, but he's already told others you're doing it.

(can you sense a smidgen of tension/annoyance coming from me?)

In other news, was at a lovely Korean BBQ last night and by the time I land in LHR on Thursday I'll have BA Gold, so the trip hasn't been a total WOFTAM.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

He was hoping that things would just happen and if they didn't happen, he was hoping that he'd have one person to blame (not necessarily me). That's his normal style of management.
            Oh, that and announcing in meetings that you will be doing work that you know nothing about, but he's already told others you're doing it.

In other news, was at a lovely Korean BBQ last night and by the time I land in LHR on Thursday I'll have BA Gold, so the trip hasn't been a total WOFTAM.
            At times like that I publish a calendar of work so that's it obvious what I am doing when.

But BA gold should make it just about worthwhile
            Last edited by eek; 11 October 2016, 06:56.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning Nick

Why were you out there then?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Why were you out there then?
                ... a lovely Korean BBQ last night and by the time I land in LHR on Thursday I'll have BA Gold...

...oh and a craft beer pub's 3rd birthday party last night and 6 days invoicing.

Comment

so at least you can share the Lounge with MF next time

What doesn't kill you makes you richer!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    so at least you can share the Lounge with MF next time

I don't care who he is, he's not coming into the lounge as my guest!

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    What doesn't kill you makes you richer!
                    Ask BrilloPad about his divorces. They haven't killed him yet.
                    ...actually, that's got me thinking. Bloke with several ex wives and a bit mouthy... has anyone seen Brillo and Donald Trump in the same room at the same time?

Comment

...oh and a craft beer pub's 3rd birthday party last night and 6 days invoicing.
                      As you already have gold then you can stick my BAEC number in next time you fly then
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X