• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    Light cloud and sunshine here today.

Night all
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Right, that's the links finally sorted out for tomorrow, so now I can get to sleep. Goodnight all

Comment

9am, Japan.
        Emailed the PM yesterday to let him know I had arrived and ask what time/where we were meeting today (it's a holiday here, so the office is closed). No reply from him yesterday. No sign of him online today.
        How long is acceptable to wait for him to contact me before calling it quits for the day?

Comment

At 9.30am I contacted the manager who signs my timesheet (and the PM's). He tried to call the PM and the phone went to voicemail, i.e. He was still asleep with his phone switched off.
          11.30am and I get an email from the PM to say he's working from the hotel today because the office isn't open.
          He sent it from his mobile. He still hasn't switched his computer on.
          He asked me for my mobile number (which he has anyway). I've told him he can call me to my room as I don't want to pay the roaming cost. Of course, if he's not actually in his room, but has gone to a bar somewhere, then he can't call my room directly.

Comment

Fun and games, fox hat.

Nearly 23.00 hours here. Left the corner social in Harlem to the locals as they were busy with the debate. No votes for trump in there. About 4 for Hillary if I'm any judge. Don't envy them either, nowt of substance mentioned in the first hour. Hillarys to lose I'd say, if only she can think of something positive to add. The argument over Syria was shameful (insert face palm smiley)

Comment

Beer culture here is odd. The standard unit of measurement appears to be 16oz bottles at either 7,8 or 9 $ a pop. That's 454ml verses a standard British pint of 568ml. Given the abv of some of this stuff is 9% I'm unable to determine relative value.

Comment

9%? Must be imported beer. Most US stuff is like sex on a riverbank.

Yes, their pints are smaller - ours are 20oz. Their gallons are smaller, as is their IQ.

Comment

Raging bitch IPA 8.9% you can get it bottled in U.K at 330ml, never seen it on draft though. It's US stuff, and it's not alone. I'm quietly impressed, mainly with the others but still...

Comment

Morning denizens

Hard to be sure when the sun is still just a vague promise in the east, but it looks as if it's quite clear out there

Bit chilly, mind

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Morning denizens

Hard to be sure when the sun is still just a vague promise in the east, but it looks as if it's quite clear out there

Bit chilly, mind

Morning Nick
                      Any sign of the links? I'm bored.

Comment

Working...
                      X