• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    They've now decided it's pneumonia

No word yet on whether Donald Trump is going to mock her over it

I hope she gets well soon.

Pneumonia is often secondary. Is that the case here?

Comment

Evening all. Sun just setting here.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon all,

Lumpy bike ride completed and one of my bucket list climbs ticked off. Winnats Pass in Derbyshire. The climb itself is only half a mile, but there is another mile of gentle / moderate gradient to get to it and then it kicks up quickly to 20% all the way to the top. It's taken me 10 years to get around to doing it, because frankly the thought of it scared the tulip out of me.

According to Strava it took me 8 Mins 12 sec. The current record holder did it in 4:01. Don't think he's in any danger of me catching him

Rewarded myself with a breakfast barm in the Glossop Cafe before tackling the climb over Snake Pass and back to the car.
        Last edited by DaveB; 9 October 2016, 12:52.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Bit grey here today

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Off to Cuba!

Laters.
            Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I hope she gets well soon.

Pneumonia is often secondary. Is that the case here?
              Thanks, Scourer. I'm not sure what the details are - I'm awaiting a bulletin later from my sister

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Afternoon all,

Lumpy bike ride completed and one of my bucket list climbs ticked off. Winnats Pass in Derbyshire. The climb itself is only half a mile, but there is another mile of gentle / moderate gradient to get to it and then it kicks up quickly to 20% all the way to the top. It's taken me 10 years to get around to doing it, because frankly the thought of it scared the tulip out of me.

According to Strava it took me 8 Mins 12 sec. The current record holder did it in 4:01. Don't think he's in any danger of me catching him

Rewarded myself with a breakfast barm in the Glossop Cafe before tackling the climb over Snake Pass and back to the car.

Comment

Well, my mum's been discharged by the hospital and is back home again

Sounds like her blood pressure is still a bit too high, and her blood sugars have also been a bit high; but those things have happened before, so they may not even be related to the infection, or may just have been exacerbated by it

Comment

First half marathon in 6(?) years completed. Utterly shocking weather. Just about warmed up now so it's time to go forage for beer and food :-)

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                      First half marathon in 6(?) years completed. Utterly shocking weather. Just about warmed up now so it's time to go forage for beer and food :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X