• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Nice day down here, getting into holiday mode with 3 days 3 hours 30 mins of invoicing left to do this month.
    8 days 3 hours and I'm out of this clientco
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Email from clintco asking that all contractors remove themselves elsewhere a week on Wednesday so the permies can do summat. I don’t need asking twice.

Comment

So the ClientCo has given you Direction as to where you need to be? Have you told your accountant?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          8 days 3 hours and I'm out of this clientco
          I'm here for about nine more weeks, but in my heart I'm already in my armchair drinking tea and watching The Rockford Files in the middle of the afternoon

Comment

So the ClientCo has given you Direction as to where you need to be? Have you told your accountant?
            Counter argument is no mutuality of obligation, no workie, no payie

But yep it's direction so ir35 caught come next April

Comment

I don't know about that. D&C is being told what to do like a permie. To be told to do something different to a permie is a positive not a negative. We always say you shouldn't attend certain things that permies do. So how do we know what to attend? We guess? Use ESP? No, the client says contractors aren't welcome. Same thing.

At the end of the day we are suppliers so we can be guided as per the clients business and if that means no suppliers in today we've got a permie do then that's sod all to do with Direction from an IR35 perspective surely.

I'd say the converse and that this is a great pointer to outside, get the evidence and stick it in the folder. I can't see how it can be detrimental.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I don't know about that. D&C is being told what to do like a permie. To be told to do something different to a permie is a positive not a negative. We always say you shouldn't attend certain things that permies do. So how do we know what to attend? We guess? Use ESP? No, the client says contractors aren't welcome. Same thing.

At the end of the day we are suppliers so we can be guided as per the clients business and if that means no suppliers in today we've got a permie do then that's sod all to do with Direction from an IR35 perspective surely.

I'd say the converse and that this is a great pointer to outside, get the evidence and stick it in the folder. I can't see how it can be detrimental.
                It twas a joke....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  It twas a joke....
                  Feck
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Feck

Don't worry, I smiled as I read it, and filed it away safely.

Comment

Home!

Via the A6, due to an accident taking the M1 down to one lane between the A14 and here

At least this time they put it on the A14's signs in plenty of time

Comment

Working...
                      X