• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning all
      Blue skies, bouncy dog here
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Comment

Morning Afternoon denizens

I awoke at half seven (well, a bit before that, too) thinking "I should go shopping and avoid the crowds!" But then I thought "No, I should go back to sleep because I've been knackered all week; I'm not that bothered by the crowds."

So I did the latter, and I think the fact that I then slept like a log until gone noon suggests it was the right decision

It's raining here; a proper, grey sky, continuous-light-drizzle-with-intermittent-spells-of-heavier-rain rainy Saturday. Quite nice if you don't mind that sort of thing

Comment

Grey sky here and about to rain. Garden needs it but I was suppose to do some gardening.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Home after the hideous torment of shopping. I think I should get to bed earlier on Friday night rather than endure Saturday afternoon doing that

I wanted a particular toaster (reasonably good according to Which?, and can accommodate slightly larger slices than the majority of them, which is important as the majority of them can only accommodate supermarket-flavoured-sliced-white-bread, and I never get that) but Argos didn't have it in stock. So I went next door to Currys, as they also sell it. But it was very confusingly arranged, with predatory staff walking the floor, ready to pounce on those who showed any weakness and ask if they could "help"

So I sheered off and pretended to look at TVs for a few minutes until the route back to the door was clear, then got out of there as fast as I could.

I bought the toaster from Sainsbury's in the end. It was £5 more than in the other places, but I'll happily pay the extra if it means I don't have to interact with other humans who have been incentivised to offer me extended warranties

I just want to ask a computer for what I want, or find it myself, and leave. Is that so much to ask?

Comment

Oh, and before the Great Toaster Hunt, I went for a haircut. It speaks volumes that, on reflection, I found the haircut a lot less stressful than the shopping

Comment

I let her have a proper hack at it, with clippers and everything, in the vague hope that I now won't have to bother having it cut again before the end of the gig, by which time it'll be nearly Christmas

Comment

Just slightly re-arranged the kitchen appliances. The new microwave fitted beautifully in the corner, but the handle of the deep fat fryer that used to be in the corner now poked out over the edge of the worktop right between everything. I was suffering severe stress every time I made chips from having to constantly remind myself not to catch it as I went past and tip boiling oil all over myself

So now I'm a bit lighter on worktop space, but the oil menace is averted. Hopefully the space pressure will also incentivise me to get the rest of the kitchen sorted out at last

Comment

At the local beer festival, some great beers tried and tested
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X