• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well there we are then. Another lunch over & done with.

Comment

Sounds of scaffolding being dismantled out the front again. I'd noticed that the roofers and builders working on the doctor's surgery seemed to keep odd hours, skipping mornings or afternoons or disappearing for a few hours before coming back, and also working most weekends. Eventually I realised they didn't work at times when the doctor's actually seeing patients, which varies depending on the day of the week - this is a satellite surgery to the main surgery in a nearby suburb, so although reception is open all day, the doctors come and go.

The surgery's closed on Thursday afternoon, which explains why nothing got done this morning but now they're back.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        The ZeitBack isn't exactly comfortable at the moment.

Getting a bit fed up now with it.
        Mine's started playing up again. I've decided that the weird lumpy bits in my mattress aren't helping. So I've just ordered a new mattress

Going to be delivered a week on Saturday, in theory, so let's hope my back survives until then

Comment

Apparently mattresses are expected to last around ten years. I've had this one for fifteen, and it wasn't exactly the most expensive one in the shop to say the least, so I suppose it's reasonable that it's giving up the ghost

Comment

My first mattress lasted at least 40 years.

It was wonderfully comfortable.

The 2nd one is still doing ok at about 20, but is much firmer.

The one from the ZeitMansion is firmer still, but I've only slept on it 3 or 4 times in 15 or so years.

Comment

Currently can't decide if the mattress, such as it is, from the guest bed might be ok if it was on the floor instead of on the guest bed.

Dunno if I've got the courage to actually try that though.

But it would be a lot firmer.

Comment

Gawd. Another 3 vauxhall vivas to go.

Comment

Browsing through planning applications for round here on the council's website. This place got planning permission for conversion into flats in December 1984.

And on the other side of the road, just past the railway bridge, there used to be a cinema! Permission to demolish it was granted in 1958

Comment

And back in 1963, some lunatics called the Church Army wanted to build a ten pin bowling alley in the next side road along, which consists entirely of nice Victorian residences

Not surprisingly, they were told to GTFO

There's a low-key apartment block on the site now, which was what they finally got permission for in 1971. Before that, it was a Church Army hostel, which it seems they were intent on demolishing no matter what they ended up putting in its place - there's another mixed residential and retail application that got knocked back in 1964

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Apparently mattresses are expected to last around ten years. I've had this one for fifteen, and it wasn't exactly the most expensive one in the shop to say the least, so I suppose it's reasonable that it's giving up the ghost
                      Premier Inn mattresses are marvellous. You should get one of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X