• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    It's not even regulations, from what they said - they used the phrase "manufacturer's recommendation"

From what I can tell, the problem wouldn't arise if it was an electric cooker; it's just gas ones that are the problem. So I may end up going for an electric one instead, though I'm not sure I'll be buying it from AO. The local electrical appliances shop for local people sounds like a better plan
    I've had fights over the years with numerous people in call centres. I tend to win when I can quote the relevant law NOT random guidelines at them and escalate to their manager.

In this case as you need the cooker asap go local.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I'm reading that as find any excuse as we don't have a qualified gas fitter in your area - I'm not impressed as wasn't I the person to recommend them...
        You were

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          I've had fights over the years with numerous people in call centres.
          MrsBP had one yesterday. She passed the phone over to baby bp who loves to talk. He invited her out for dinner....

Comment

You were
            That I was Grrr....
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              MrsBP had one yesterday. She passed the phone over to baby bp who loves to talk. He invited her out for dinner....
              I hope baby bp is an employee as he would be very good at talking to agents who asked for two references.

No agency would want to be accused on social media of making a child cry...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                I hope baby bp is an employee as he would be very good at talking to agents who asked for two references.

No agency would want to be accused on social media of being made to cry by a child...
                FTFY
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

From what I've seen on various forums frequented by tradesmen, it seems the reason for the 75cm clearance isn't because they fear heat will damage the thing, but because you need to be able to turn the electricity off if the cooker catches fire

Also, one chap says that as long as you're willing to sign the relevant certificate stating that you were informed of the issue before installation and you accept the resultant risk, they're covered. So I need to find a local chap who takes such an eminently sensible approach

Comment

If anyone remembers me discussion the hobbyist pole dancer at clientco I've got my own back....

Over the last few days she's revealed slightly too much information resulting in the words "Red Dwarf" making her go bright red.... Adding the quotation marks was the last straw....
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

From what I've seen on various forums frequented by tradesmen, it seems the reason for the 75cm clearance isn't because they fear heat will damage the thing, but because you need to be able to turn the electricity off if the cooker catches fire
                      I would go to the fuse box and turn all the electricity off that way I wouldn't get burnt.

Mind you the electric points for all my large kitchen electrical appliances including the cooker are behind them.

Comment

Working...
                      X