• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Thanks! Might be a little excessive for my tea drinking habits though.

They make this one too, which is a little more suitable Burco KTL02 Stainless Steel Commercial Catering Kettle 2 Litre Capacity - 444448552 - Commercial Kettles | Burco & Lec No mention of UK manufacure there though.
    Yup, just "British design". They make it clear if it's manufactured in the UK, and if not, they keep schtum.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

My kettle's the cheapest own-brand one Sainsbury's had when the last one literally split its sides and started depositing the water all over the worktop before it had managed to boil it

Comment

Last edited by zeitghost; 12 August 2016, 12:55.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          How long does it take to get fit, or at least stop being a sweaty lard arse when walking to work?

Morning

It doesn't.

You get fitter so you walk faster to get there quicker so you start sweating as soon as you move to cool you down.

I'm ignoring the weather change there - once the weather cools down by 10C if you wear the same clothes and walked at the same speed you wouldn't sweat - however as you are feeling cold and you are also fitter you will walk faster to get there quicker so you start sweating....
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

The "expensive" metal kettles seemed to die in flames, possibly due to over filling with water.
            Or they leak.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            The Argos one has no such problem.
            My back up kettle is a electric Breville kettle I got as a replacement under warranty about 12 years ago as my original Breville kettle gave up after 10 months, so I wanted to see if the warranty worked. I wrapped said original up, posted it and 4 weeks later got this one that was worth then £70. Even builders haven't managed to break it...
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Conversation with IT manager: "I've been doing lots of tests with this item and have just noticed it's not set up correctly, is no one doing the setup properly"
              Me: "Um, you've not done any tests on it, it's an obsolete item and shouldn't be used for testing"
              manager: "But I've been doing tests using it"
              Me: "Not on the test system. The database has no record of you using it"
              manager: "So we're only using fantasy data then"
              Me: "No, we're only using valid data that the users agree is current"
              manager: "but that's not how I do it."
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

wandered out at lunchtime and ate out - now have zero inclination to do things..

Thankfully I have a mystery to solved so I'm doing something interesting (stackoverflow has already failed me)...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Last edited by zeitghost; 12 August 2016, 12:54.

Comment

Working...
                      X