• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

asdfasdf

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      asdfasdf
      ZeitZenChuryOm(tm).
      Last edited by zeitghost; 12 August 2016, 12:54.

Comment

Home!

All the way back my phone was buzzing in my pocket as the camera warned me of detected motion. There was, of course, no motion. It's a lot better than older ones at making sense of changes due to clouds and things like that; but once the sun gets round to a certain point, it reflects off the windows of buses and such going past and the reflections zoom along the wall, and as I'd anticipated, that's too much for it to cope with

Comment

Last edited by zeitghost; 12 August 2016, 10:36.

Comment

Oh FFS. Just had the people who deliver and install on behalf of AO.com on the phone to confirm all the details for the new cooker arriving on Sunday. They got me to measure the height between the existing hob and the electrical point on the wall - and then declared that, at 60cm, it's below the manufacturer's recommendation of 75cm, so they won't install it

Bear in mind that this cooker point has been there for thirty-odd years with a cooker beneath it and shows no sign of coming to any harm from the experience

Their bright idea instead was that they'd still deliver the cooker and I could probably find somebody else who'd install it anyway. Alternatively, I could get somebody to move the electric point. But as they only remove the old cooker if they install the new one, I'd be left with both cookers cluttering up the place, and have to be running around finding dodgy gas fitters and/or electricians. In the end, the only option was to cancel the order

I'm going local next time I actually have time to sort the damn business out

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Oh FFS. Just had the people who deliver and install on behalf of AO.com on the phone to confirm all the details for the new cooker arriving on Sunday. They got me to measure the height between the existing hob and the electrical point on the wall - and then declared that, at 60cm, it's below the manufacturer's recommendation of 75cm, so they won't install it

Bear in mind that this cooker point has been there for thirty-odd years with a cooker beneath it and shows no sign of coming to any harm from the experience

Their bright idea instead was that they'd still deliver the cooker and I could probably find somebody else who'd install it anyway. Alternatively, I could get somebody to move the electric point. But as they only remove the old cooker if they install the new one, I'd be left with both cookers cluttering up the place, and have to be running around finding dodgy gas fitters and/or electricians. In the end, the only option was to cancel the order

I'm going local next time I actually have time to sort the damn business out
              I love it when regulations change. I had a boiler changed recently which had been insitu in a bathroom for ~15 years. Since before I had the place anyway. Seemingly its now too close to the shower and is illegal. This is yet another feature which falls into the 'it was like that when I got it guv' category.

Job for the landlord NF? You've said you'll replace the cooker but not rewire the kitchen? Or, how about extending from the original with the wiring covered with plastic trunking? Personally, I'd be going with the pragmatic local guy who 'won't notice' the issue.

Comment

Finally the hospital have got the autopsy results, and found the lost file.

They've invited me to come to London and discuss them on Friday. At 7:30am...

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  I love it when regulations change. I had a boiler changed recently which had been insitu in a bathroom for ~15 years. Since before I had the place anyway. Seemingly its now too close to the shower and is illegal. This is yet another feature which falls into the 'it was like that when I got it guv' category.

Job for the landlord NF? You've said you'll replace the cooker but not rewire the kitchen? Or, how about extending from the original with the wiring covered with plastic trunking? Personally, I'd be going with the pragmatic local guy who 'won't notice' the issue.
                  It's not even regulations, from what they said - they used the phrase "manufacturer's recommendation"

From what I can tell, the problem wouldn't arise if it was an electric cooker; it's just gas ones that are the problem. So I may end up going for an electric one instead, though I'm not sure I'll be buying it from AO. The local electrical appliances shop for local people sounds like a better plan

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Finally the hospital have got the autopsy results, and found the lost file.

They've invited me to come to London and discuss them on Friday. At 7:30am...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      It's not even regulations, from what they said - they used the phrase "manufacturer's recommendation"

From what I can tell, the problem wouldn't arise if it was an electric cooker; it's just gas ones that are the problem. So I may end up going for an electric one instead, though I'm not sure I'll be buying it from AO. The local electrical appliances shop for local people sounds like a better plan
                      I'm reading that as find any excuse as we don't have a qualified gas fitter in your area - I'm not impressed as wasn't I the person to recommend them...
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X