• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Grey out, and rather close; but no rain

Comment

Afternoon all. Just.

At what point do we start saying evening?

Anyway, club ride done, a bit of light pottering this afternoon, now getting dinner on. Burgers with mushrooms, horse radish and rocket.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        At what point do we start saying evening?
        In about forty minutes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evening

Comment

Popped down to the local. Turns out it's huddersfield jazz guitar festival this weekend. Wouldn't be too bad but they've taken over the beer garden with the smoking shelter turned into a stage. Humph.

Comment

Brief burst of sunshine amongst the endless grey.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Brief burst of sunshine amongst the endless grey.
              It'll soon pass

Comment

Sorting out my expenses in anticipation of the month's end. At this rate, I'll have used up my 10,000 miles of 45p mileage allowance well before the end of this gig - first time I'll have managed that

Comment

Braai chicken Tandoori Masala, potato beetroot and butternut salad. Gosh that was tasty. TdeF watched. Froome awesome. Weekend done. Burp
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Just popped out to check the car's tyre pressures. There's a wasp caught in a rather elaborate cobweb on the wing mirror, with the resident spider approaching, binding a bit more silk around it, then retreating and waiting for it to give up struggling and die

Also a few spots of rain for a few seconds, but they don't seem to be leading to anything more. It's still very close, and frankly I'm not enjoying it

Comment

Dinner has been an M&S thick-cut pork steak, quickly fried and stuck in a sandwich. The weather is doing a good job of helping me continue to lose weight by making me unwilling to cook, or to eat very much

I've lost a stone since April. This has taken me back down to the weight I was the previous April, shortly after which I started putting on weight for some reason. I'm still at least a stone over what I ought to be

Comment

Working...
                      X