• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filthy dog walk, but it's done and The Dog (tw) has now had a shower and is drying off beside me while I listen to ISIHAC.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Made it to the hotel

The finger-slicing shenanigans last night occurred before I'd packed any clothes to wear this evening. Naturally, I only remembered them when I was well on my way this morning. So, to avoid the wretchedness of going down the pub looking like a refugee from The Office, I had to go to Sainsbury's to buy a shirt and a pair of jeans, that being the only place selling clothes that would still be open when I could reach it

Still, I needed to get more plasters anyway

Comment

Amazon has finally delivered the stuff I ordered to the Amazon Locker.

Of course I ordered it to be delivered there on Saturday so I could collect it then, when I had plenty of time. Now I need to make a detour after a long drive home, which is precisely the scenario I was hoping to avoid

I'm half-tempted to just cancel the order, then order it all again in a couple of days so I can collect it next Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Amazon has finally delivered the stuff I ordered to the Amazon Locker.

Of course I ordered it to be delivered there on Saturday so I could collect it then, when I had plenty of time. Now I need to make a detour after a long drive home, which is precisely the scenario I was hoping to avoid

I'm half-tempted to just cancel the order, then order it all again in a couple of days so I can collect it next Saturday
          Just do as you state. Return them as delivered too late and reorder. Downside is that prime day tomorrow may make deliveries slow later in the week
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just stopped a dog and a puppy running down the road on my way back from exercising.

Some dogs in my area are way too friendly.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Rack of ribs for dinner

And some delicious Adnam's ales to wash it down

Comment

Back in from cricket club committee meeting. Nice beer. Unpaid work to be done

Comment

Some more lamb for tea.

Yum.

Followed by stewed raspberries & custard.

Double yum.

And I've stewed a few more this evening.

Night all

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Just do as you state. Return them as delivered too late and reorder. Downside is that prime day tomorrow may make deliveries slow later in the week
                      It is tempting, but then again, one item is a box set from the BFI that's a limited edition. It probably won't run out for years but, knowing my luck, I'd cancel the existing order and it'd turn out Amazon have run out and can't get any more

Comment

Working...
                      X