• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other day the Big Boss at ClientCo, apparently having run out of things to do, turned his attention to the smartcards we use to get in and out, and to log in to computers. There've been a number of new starters recently and, for some reason, none of the cards have been printed.

I assume the card printer ink must have arrived, as he emailed everybody saying that anybody who had a plain white card, like me, should see him immediately to get it printed. The team lead called across the office to ask him if that included contractors (it's a small office) and he said it did. So I ambled over to get my card printed.

He sent me down to the other end of the office to see the nice HR woman, who stood me against a plain bit of wall and took my photo with an Android phone. Then I ambled back to his desk, where he got it from his email. But he decided it was blurry, and sent me back to her. She took it again, but thought it was still a bit blurry, and tried a third time. This one was apparently OK in her judgement, so back I went to the chap's desk.

But he opened the email, looked at it, looked a bit exasperated, brusquely told me "Look, I'll get back to you" and waved me away.

And there the matter rests. My card remains purest white, except for the gold contacts for the chip.

I wonder if the subject will ever be raised again

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      If you go before, you can combine hand and dishwashing for maximum efficiency (if not hygiene)
      I went after doing the dishes.

The hopping from foot to foot in agony helps shake the water off the dishes.

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I caught a few minutes of Coronation Street in the Chinese, for the first time in years. Somebody died in the street outside the Rover's Return. Nice to see it's business as usual
          Ena Sharples?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            And there the matter rests. My card remains purest white, except for the gold contacts for the chip.

I wonder if the subject will ever be raised again
            My card has no contacts: rfid.

And it has an ancient photograph of what I looked like 11 years ago.

Comment

Vaguely interesting prog on PBS this evening about birdmen.

i.e. those nutters who jump off cliffs wearing winged suits.

It was mostly about one who miscalculated & flew into a ridge.

It didn't end well for him.

Then there was an ep of "Castle" from S7 which was very silly, so I watched an ep of S3 NCIS on 5USA, followed by an ep of S6 NCIS on CBS Action.

It must be said that Ziva looks far more foxy in S6 than in S3.

I was quite surprised.
              Last edited by zeitghost; 15 July 2016, 22:21. Reason: S6 not S8

Comment

Night all

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  My card has no contacts: rfid.

And it has an ancient photograph of what I looked like 11 years ago.
                  The ClientCo ones have both RFID for waving at doors to get in and out, and contacts for slotting into the smart card reader attached to the PC.

Comment

Night all
                    Goodnight

Me too

Comment

Ena Sharples?
                      Kylie or someone with a similar name. Saw an ad for Coronation Street.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X