• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    It's not unheard of to be given a 47k instead of a 4k7 coz the ZeitEyes(tm) are not what they were, even with a magnifier and a halogen lamp shining on said resistors.
    At school the physics departments technician was colour blind. You learnt quickly to double check what you were given
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      At school the physics departments technician was colour blind. You learnt quickly to double check what you were given
      Trouble is everything is getting smaller just as my eyes are getting worserer and worserer.

And I have no chance of reading the blue bodied 1% type resistors coz the colours are appalling.

And 6 colour bands are more than any reasonable lizard should be asked to cope with.

If you're very lucky, you can get one that's blue, bands are brown black black red brown.

Which, read the right way is 1 0 0 2 1, corresponding to 10k 1%.

Read the wrong way, it's 120 ohms 1%.

Very confusing.

Comment

Sure it wasn't due to a SuperMonkeyTurd(tm)?
        I suspect it might have had existing issues. However, I'm also pretty sure I've exacerbated any such issues by bringing my own bog roll. I had wondered whether the flimsy tissue provided by Premier Inn is a workaround to prevent such problems, rather than just a cost-cutting measure. It seems I now have my answer

Comment

Trombone is here. Have had a bit of a play, but think a little practice is required. Have ordered some beginners books, so will work through those again when they arrive. Lip muscles need work!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Trombone is here. Have had a bit of a play, but think a little practice is required. Have ordered some beginners books, so will work through those again when they arrive. Lip muscles need work!
            FLC comments in 5,4,3....
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

And so it begins.

The sorting of resistors.

There's no fecking money so I have to recycle used resistors back in the component bins.

Well it's sommat to do, innit?
              1/4w being recycled? They can't be more than pennies per 1000?
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                I used to play the trombone - well, I tried to, but I was rubbish

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                  Makes you think, dunnit?

I wanted to buy about £40 worth to restock & it got turned down.

They're about £3.50/1000 or 60p/100.

The really sad thing is that I copy & paste stuff into my purchase order form, which then gets, wait for it, typed into a different system on a different form by an admin assistant.

The resistor order took about an hour & twenty minutes and then got canned.

The admin assistant was not best pleased.

It's so inefficient as to be unbelievable.

Stuff you'd expect to receive the next day from RS, Farnell, etc. can take weeks.
                  Last edited by zeitghost; 22 June 2016, 12:08.

Comment

Two years ago today that doodab died

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post

I think I shall go and meditate on resistors for a while...

"Ohm..."

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X