• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It suppose to be raining here. It's just damn hot.
    They promised us thunderstorms, but now they keep pushing the time back

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      My mother just phoned, in a panic at the thought of me having had to drive up the A14 in "this terrible storm"

I would have thought she'd have realised by her age that thunderstorms tend to be very localised affairs and that having one where she is is unlikely to signify much about the weather many miles to the north; but apparently not

Comment

My mother just phoned, in a panic at the thought of me having had to drive up the A14 in "this terrible storm"

I would have thought she'd have realised by her age that thunderstorms tend to be very localised affairs and that having one where she is is unlikely to signify much about the weather many miles to the north; but apparently not
        You're her hairy little boy. She worries about you.

I discovered that, when I worked up in Bryn Mawr, my mum used to phone up to see if I'd got there ok.

My friend Andrea, the receptionist/secretary, used to tease me about it.
        Last edited by zeitghost; 7 June 2016, 18:28.

Comment

It was looking like the intro to Gotterdamerung further up the valley when I got home, despite being all Simpsonesque in Swansea.

Sun's out again now with nary a flash or bang.
          Last edited by zeitghost; 7 June 2016, 18:11.

Comment

Sky keeps going grey then blue again.

If it doesn't rain I have to water the damn lawn tomorrow.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The 18000th ep of The Archers just finished.

I made a point of not listening.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Sky keeps going grey then blue again.

If it doesn't rain I have to water the damn lawn tomorrow.
                Stuff that, it can take care of itself.

<ZG in "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" mode>

Comment

New speakers (Q Acoustics Concept 20) and amplifier (dinky Class T) set up in my digs. I suppose I better do that work now...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Stuff that, it can take care of itself.

<ZG in "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" mode>
                    It's the crap you put on after you cut the grass to make it greener it has to be watered in otherwise the grass burns or something.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      You're her hairy little boy. She worries about you.

I discovered that, when I worked up in Bryn Mawr, my mum used to phone up to see if I'd got there ok.

My friend Andrea, the receptionist/secretary, used to tease me about it.
                      At least we have mobiles now rather than people phoning the building we're in to ask whoever answers about us

Comment

Working...
                      X