• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Lentil <pffffft> soup consumed, followed by a Morrisons individual apple pie & custard.

Yum.

Living the dream, living the dream.
    I'll be having the rest of the lamb curry from Tuesday, as I can't be bothered to do anything more complicated than cook some rice and a naan while reheating it. Quite looking forward to it

Comment

Oops! Going through my post (I actually got some today for a change) I was ripping a letter open and, seeing a Lloyds Bank logo inside, wondered why they were writing to me.

Turns out they weren't - I'd accidentally picked up a letter addressed to a chap who used to live downstairs

He and his GF went back to whichever Baltic state they came from AFAIK, so I don't suppose it matters

Comment

Have I ever related about the time I got an extra thick envelope from AA Insurance?

The reason it was extra thick was because it also contained the insurance for a lady in Birmingham.

Their envelope sticking down machine had stuck my envelope to hers.

Naturally I immediately stole her identity & joined ISIS*.

*For the hard of thinking amongst the spooks, that's a joke by the way. I posted her letter to her the next day & never heard anything more of it.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Oops! Going through my post (I actually got some today for a change) I was ripping a letter open and, seeing a Lloyds Bank logo inside, wondered why they were writing to me.

Turns out they weren't - I'd accidentally picked up a letter addressed to a chap who used to live downstairs

He and his GF went back to whichever Baltic state they came from AFAIK, so I don't suppose it matters
          It's not illegal anyway as long as you don't aim to steal his money.

The only reason to return it is so they stop posting them out, so if there is a branch near you drop it through their letterbox when it's closed.

I had the agent ringing up checking I had put in my time sheets. Reminds me of one contract I had where the agent would email you on a Friday morning to put in your timesheet.

I later found out the agency had to wait 3 months to get paid but had to pay you within 10 days of your invoice. If they didn't they got financially penalised.That's how I found out how useful opt-outs are for certain clients....
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            It's not illegal anyway as long as you don't aim to steal his money.

The only reason to return it is so they stop posting them out, so if there is a branch near you drop it through their letterbox when it's closed.
            I'll leave it, I think. He may have left the account dormant because he plans to come back to the UK - they only went back because the GF's parents were ill and needed looking after; I heard from the landlord that they weren't happy about going back. If the bank knows he's not at this address any more, and can't otherwise get in touch with him, they might close his account, which would be a bit of a pain for him if he comes back to the UK and wants to use it.

Of course he could have run up a massive overdraft and left it behind for all I know

This letter's just a standard mailshot about some changes to account terms or some such, so it's not important.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Of course he could have run up a massive overdraft and left it behind for all I know

This letter's just a standard mailshot about some changes to account terms or some such, so it's not important.
              Chap we bought our house of did that. Buggered off to Estonia in a brand new Discovery on the never never and a load of credit card and loan debts. This was 15 years ago. We still get the occaisional letter from whichever debt collection agency has got the account at the time.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Chap we bought our house of did that. Buggered off to Estonia in a brand new Discovery on the never never and a load of credit card and loan debts. This was 15 years ago. We still get the occaisional letter from whichever debt collection agency has got the account at the time.
                There's occasionally letters that look like they're from debt collectors for people who left before I moved here, twelve years ago. They tend to turn up for a while, then fizzle out. After a year or so, a new batch will start arriving, and the cycle continues

Comment

Took some recycling out to gladden the hearts of the bin men when they come tomorrow.

Comment

Goodnight all

Friday tomorrow, and a long weekend!

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start here - it's as if the weather knows it's bin day!

Comment

Working...
                      X