• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alias View Post
    Just roll up the sleeves
    I was thinking of that

I'll have a better idea of what the score is after the first day. It may turn out to be one of those places where you can get away with a more relaxed ensemble than the dress code might seem to imply. Also, agents tend to have a very conservative view of what constitutes "normal" office attire as they're basically in sales, which is one of the last bastions of 20th century attitudes to such matters

Comment

Day in garden, now I'm sunburnt and exhausted. Due to be picked up around 11.30 tomorrow.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I was thinking of that

I'll have a better idea of what the score is after the first day. It may turn out to be one of those places where you can get away with a more relaxed ensemble than the dress code might seem to imply. Also, agents tend to have a very conservative view of what constitutes "normal" office attire as they're basically in sales, which is one of the last bastions of 20th century attitudes to such matters
        Of course, always easier after the first day...plus, with it warm, you could be okay in a short sleeve shirt (if you have one?)...tbh, no-one cares as long as the work can get done...
        Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
          Of course, always easier after the first day...plus, with it warm, you could be okay in a short sleeve shirt (if you have one?)...tbh, no-one cares as long as the work can get done...
          Yeah, I've got some short-sleeved ones somewhere. Hopefully they're not too fussed really, as you say.

Comment

Go the smarter side of smart casual on day#1. Jeans and T-shirt from day 2 onwards. (Don't forget, you're complying to yourCo's dress code, not clientCo's)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Go the smarter side of smart casual on day#1. Jeans and T-shirt from day 2 onwards. (Don't forget, you're complying to yourCo's dress code, not clientCo's)
              Depending on how formal the rest of them are, a slightly more gradual decline may be better

Comment

Ribs for dinner, yet again. With rice this time, just for a change. That's all the ribs dealt with now - until next time

Comment

Morning all

After yesterday exertions, the back is now officially Baaaaaad. :

And my dermatitis is flaring up too.

Make that two shirts with holes in the elbow

It's not even as if they're cheapskate things I picked up off the market - these are M&S Autograph Collection.
                  I think it must be a design flaw coz I've got some of those where there's a hole (or a tear) in the elbow.

Makes one think of purchasing the shortsleeved version, except I don't like short sleeved shirts.

Ho hum.

Comment

Depending on how formal the rest of them are, a slightly more gradual decline may be better
                    Indeed.

For the first 3 months or so in the current slavery, I was better dressed than some of the academic staff.

Comment

Morning all just back in from a dog walk in lovely sunshine. Sunburnt and stiff from yesterday's gardening, now finishing packing for my next work jolly.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X