• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asahi for me - actually no, it's a bit early for that, a large GnT please.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Firestation next to Waterloo is good.
      Agreed
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Just having breakfast with a glass of fizz in the lounge. It's going to be a loooooong day...
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just watched The Imitation Game. I enjoyed it for the most part, though being very familiar with the story of the work done at Bletchley Park, the enormous liberties taken in its depiction grated considerably.

Spoiler Alert
          I did notice that, in the brief scene in 1951 when the detective is handed the newspaper with the story of Turing's conviction, there's a misprint: the paragraph at the top of column two of the story starts "The trail began…" rather than "The trial began…", and reading on (yes, I paused it), it's clear that the latter is correct. "How careless," I thought - then realised that the newspaper was, given the scene is set in Manchester, presumably the Manchester Guardian; better known to us nowadays as the Grauniad. So the misprint is entirely in character, which was a nice touch by the props department

Comment

Morning all

Another grey dark dank dreary Saturday.

And my back is fecking killing me.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Just watched The Imitation Game. I enjoyed it for the most part, though being very familiar with the story of the work done at Bletchley Park, the enormous liberties taken in its depiction grated considerably.
              The bit that amused me the most was the map in the hut depicting the Atlantic convoys.

As if the Bletchley lot would have had any idea of that, and even less that it would be in a relatively insecure hut.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                A writer I follow on Twitter just used the word "Magistrand" in a reply to me. I've never seen the word before, and had to look it up
                Duw, there's posh then.

No one has ever used that term for me.

Washing's on, and it's time to venture out into the incipient monsoon.

Comment

Morning all.

Barrow Hill beer festival today.

Stocking up with a good breakfast before the off.

Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Black Pudding, Tomatoes, Hash Browns and Mushrooms
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Mmmm beeeer.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Morning all.

Barrow Hill beer festival today.

Stocking up with a good breakfast before the off.

Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Black Pudding, Tomatoes, Hash Browns and Mushrooms
                      I'm sitting in silence after last nights beer festival activities. Trying to work out whether going back to bed is the Right Thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X