• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On train north, funeral done and dusted
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Dinner eaten

Trying to decide what to watch now. I have a bunch of films I haven't seen, but "which one?" is the question…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Dinner eaten

Trying to decide what to watch now. I have a bunch of films I haven't seen, but "which one?" is the question…
        Early night not an option? Reset body clock for contractual obligations come Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Early night not an option? Reset body clock for contractual obligations come Monday.
          I've been getting reasonably early nights (with no ale, even!) quite a lot over the last few weeks - tonight I'm going to treat myself, in advance of spending the weekend making sure I have everything ready

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            The big telly was the one on which I saw the second plane hitting the WTC just after they cut live to NY on 9-11, and the small telly sat to my side for the rest of the day as I went online using the big monitor, trying to find any additional sources of info, and eventually getting a view of a street being wiped out by the collapse of the south tower through the New York traffic cameras (which were the only webcams still working and online by that time) as I also watched the collapse on the telly.

So they all served me well during that day; but now they're gone to the great recycling facility in the sky, or rather, near the old livestock market
            I was in a BT exchange at the time, we all stood round the TV mouths open. It was a moment the whole world changed. The same as the Berlin wall, hyde park and before my time JFK.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Another 2 bays of fencing finished tonight.

An the neighbours <Deity> bless them, contributed a few hundred for the fence between us. I can afford the back fence now! As well as a the new bathroom, en suite, patios & driveway.

We might finish the house this year
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                How's things with you? Much to sort out?
                Endless.

But at least ZeitPater's probate forms have gone in to the court.

At long last.

Took 'em up to ZeitSis last Sunday & she put them in on Monday.

Comment

And this evening's viewing was the ep of "Elementary" from yesterday, followed by an ancient (S5) ep of "Castle".

I'm a bit fed up that Castle has been cancelled, but better that than the dire crap that Bones has turned into.

And there's gonna be yet another season of that tosh.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Another 2 bays of fencing finished tonight.

An the neighbours <Deity> bless them, contributed a few hundred for the fence between us. I can afford the back fence now! As well as a the new bathroom, en suite, patios & driveway.

We might finish the house this year
                    And then you can move next year...
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all

I thought it was Sunday when I woke up.

But it turns out it's not, so I've got a whole extra day.

Comment

Working...
                      X