• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Now in my tum
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Now in my tum
      Only right and proper

My dinner was a large bowl of lamb scouse, originally cooked in late January - it was frozen on the 28th, if my hastily-scrawled label is to be trusted. Very nice, it was

Comment

Having a Poacher's Choice - first booze since last Saturday!

Comment

Crap.

Ebay account has been deleted.

And I never got the email saying they were going to do it because it got sent to my defunct ntl email address.

Ho hum.

It was last used in 2008.

Bit like my RS Components account.

That was gone when I tried to use it again too.

Comment

steak, brocoli, new potatoes & pear cider. Followed by the neighbor's lemon drizzle cake.

A reward for putting in 4 fence posts 9 metres of close board fencing.

Mrs V has crashed with mini V. So I should be able to actually watch a movie without interruption
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Crap.

Ebay account has been deleted.

And I never got the email saying they were going to do it because it got sent to my defunct ntl email address.

Ho hum.

It was last used in 2008.

Bit like my RS Components account.

That was gone when I tried to use it again too.
              Bit of a bugger. It's not as if they can't afford the few bytes it takes to keep it sitting there while it's dormant

Comment

I've been watching Flood, which was apparently a big special thing on ITV about ten years ago - a miniseries about London getting hit by a massive storm surge that overwhelms the Thames Barrier, starring Robert Carlisle among others. I'd never heard of it, but somehow found it via a chain of "also bought" links on Amazon, and as it was pretty cheap I got it on the off chance.

It's really rather good. There's a few bits involving people who are supposed to be scientists (or engineers or technologists) yet act towards clearly established facts and events in ways that no such person would be likely to; there's some nonsense with the hero and heroine being swept around in the Thames which is ludicrously impossible; and of course, as it was aimed at a mass audience, it's a bit heavy on the human interest stories. But most of the science and engineering is presented in reasonably convincing terms, and the special effects are quite excellent for their time, or even for now.

The Blu-ray has both the original miniseries and the feature film version cut from it. I've been watching the miniseries, as that's quite a bit longer than the film - 3¼ hours. I'm about halfway through, and I've just hit what was clearly the break between the two halves of the original broadcast, so I've stopped there as I need to drive to London first thing tomorrow. I'm looking forward to watching the rest of it when I get back

Comment

Morning

Comment

Morning denizens

Off to That London for the Boring Conference in a few minutes

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Morning denizens

Off to That London for the Boring Conference in a few minutes
                      Don't fall asleep
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X