• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Internet moving completed

This also involved moving all other network-related stuff - Apple Extreme wifi router, networked drives, and so forth - across there, along with the standalone shelving unit on which they live. Untangling cables, coiling and cable-tying the extra-long coax attached to the Internet inlet, and so forth all turned out to be a bit more time-consuming than I'd anticipated.

But it's all done, the Internet still gets in, the disks still contain bits, and I have a nice bit of space by the door that I didn't previously have

And I no longer risk sending many terabytes flying by accidentally knocking against the shelves as I come in and out of the room, which has nearly happened several times
    You need a node zero, all the best people have one! Ours is in "Matilda's cupboard". Has a UPS and everything.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Really need to sort out the flat.

For the last seven months, despite vague promises, my entire family have been 'too busy' to come and help.

Right now, I just want to or hope the place falls down and I don't have to worry about it.

Anyone know what house clearances do? Do I just remove the things that need keeping and say "make it all disappear"? Or do I need to empty drawers and the like?

not the best thing to do on a bank holiday.

Comment

Right, I'm knackered.

Night all

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
          Right, I'm knackered.

Night all
          Goodnight

May get an early night myself soon

Comment

Me too. Mind how you go.

Comment

ok 20M of fencing removed and about 20 concrete posts, each was set in a slab of concrete that was half way to Australia.

Next weekend we put up a new fence.

Patio A dug out as well. Only 3 more patios and 1 more 40m fence to go

sunburn is a thing, it hurts.

However cutest thing was our 2 year old watering all the plants with the £1 1L watering can I bought the other day., "Daddy I need you! turn the water on please"

Comment

Morning all

Another dark, dank, drizzly bank holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Morning all

Another dark, dank, drizzly bank holiday.

About the same here.

Comment

WTBS +1

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Good moaning from Surrey. More of the same here... Cheese & tomato on toast, burnt to a crisp under the grill. Carb heaven.
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X