• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    No, a thing about a university shooting in Texas. I was going to include it in Monday Links, but it had this annoying autoplay recording of the clock striking. However, they've now removed that, presumably because everybody was telling them how sodding annoying it was, so I'll probably put it in next week
    Does it have Boris Karloff?

Targets (1968) - IMDb

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      The circus is in town for the next fortnight.
      I was out for my evening perambulation one year & was surprised to find two elephants staring at me over the hedge.

I surmised that Douglas Thomas had rented his fields to the circus again.

Rather than Hannibal having been resurrected.

Comment

OK, the multimeter tells me the battery is chucking out between 12.6 and 12.7 volts, which is about the right amount; though of course much also depends on how well it's going to hold a charge once it's actually used in anger. But that's a start
        Hmm, now it's saying 12.26 - 12.27. Maybe I misread it yesterday. It's not enough, anyway

Comment

Hmm, now it's saying 12.26 - 12.27. Maybe I misread it yesterday. It's not enough, anyway
          I wouldn't condemn it until it's failed to turn over the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            I was out for my evening perambulation one year & was surprised to find two elephants staring at me over the hedge.

I surmised that Douglas Thomas had rented his fields to the circus again.

Rather than Hannibal having been resurrected.
            Hannibal, not content with just crossing the Alps decided to truly test his mettle on the heads of the valleys road.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              I wouldn't condemn it until it's failed to turn over the engine.
              Yep, I'll give it a go, but I suspect that even if it gets the car started the first time, it will need replacing sooner rather than later

Comment

http://www.etyres.co.uk/uk-car-batteries/

£50 -> 100

its too cheap.

they will fit it as well.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Car Batteries - FREE Mobile Fitting - Etyres

£50 -> 100

its too cheap.

they will fit it as well.
                  They're quoting £84 (without any details of precisely what battery it is), whereas Halfords have an ordinary one for £65 or a calcium one for £75, and are only ten minutes drive away

Comment

It's turned properly overcast and rather chilly now

Comment

It is apparently raining outside but I can see sun.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X