• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Did it look irritable?
    Irritable Owl Syndrome sounds nasty!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Has brightened up a bit here. Trying to motivate myself to get to the flat and throw out some crap. Have decided that the boxes and boxes (and more boxes) of photographic slides just need to be binned. Not sure about the cine films - guessing they might have disintegrated. Whether I'll change my mind when confronted with actually binning them remains to be seen...
      Nah, hang on to them, or at least scan them first. Eventually they'll be old enough to be interesting to someone - grandchildren, maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Nah, hang on to them...
        You're no help!!

Got rid of a box of random ornaments to the charidee shoppe, and a big picture, which changed colour magically when I wiped a cloth over it.

Comment

Scan the slides & negatives - keep them for the future. Bin the cine (or burn it - it burns well ) - unless you're like me and collect old projectors, you'll not have something to watch it on.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Scan the slides & negatives - keep them for the future. Bin the cine (or burn it - it burns well ) - unless you're like me and collect old projectors, you'll not have something to watch it on.
            There's a projector - do you want it?

Comment

The ZeitMiele is doing its first run.

It reckons it's gonna take a mere 3 hours.

I'm doing the towels at 60 deg C.

At least that's what I think its doing.

It's so complicated that it's beyond my limited comprehension of such things*.

Pity they don't still make twin tubs.

I could understand them.

*Took ages to find out what the little key icon with a bar through it meant. Apparently, if I've understood correctly, the little key icon loses its bar if the contents are over 55 deg C to stop you scalding yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                After I've done the dishes, I'm off down the garden to wash the crap off the cars.
                Having so done, it revealed a number of scratches and dings here & there that were invisible when covered in crap.

After that I chainsawed some logs into useful sizes to burn on the fire.

Just ready for the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Nah, hang on to them, or at least scan them first. Eventually they'll be old enough to be interesting to someone - grandchildren, maybe?
                  I've spent many hours perusing ancient b&w photos of my parents & grandparents & possibly great grandparents.

I wouldn't throw them away.

The machine is now making some very sudsy sorts of noises.

Comment

The ZeitBadBackAndLumbago(tm) has not been overly improved by the chainsawing operations or the log carrying up the garden operation.

It's odd that I seem to seize up after sitting down for a while, whereas it's reasonably ok if I keep moving.

Forgot to buy some more ibuprofen in Morrisons this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      You're no help!!

Got rid of a box of random ornaments to the charidee shoppe, and a big picture, which changed colour magically when I wiped a cloth over it.
                      I've had that sort of thing happen.

The cloth changed colour dramatically too.

Comment

Working...
                      X