• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    And so he's in dry dock tomorrow for a biopsy. Six months. Gotta love the NHS.

Comment

It would have been five and a half months, if he hadn't forgotten to go to his pre-op appointment two weeks ago...

Comment

Dry Dock, Leeds
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I don't think "people used to really like eating liver" - there was meat rationing until mid-1954, so people ate whatever they could get. I suspect most people didn't like it much.

I know that my parents both grew from childhood to adulthood with meat rationing. We occasionally had liver when my siblings and I were children in the Sixties because our family was quite poor by modern standards, but it disappeared from the home menu in the Seventies when the family's standard of living improved, as did so many people's then.

My parents don't eat liver any more. I'm pretty sure they don't like it. And if a chef from one of those high-end restaurants was to see the way they used to cook it, she would conclude not so much that "people don't know what to do with offal any more" as that they never really knew what to do with it

Zeity excepted, of course
          I think you ate what you could get. You'd get more liver for fewer coupons at a guess.

My dad & I liked liver, ZeitMater & ZeitSis not so much.

We never had lamb kidneys or heart, both of which I rather enjoy.

Not keen on pig's liver for some reason.

Never tried cow liver.

But fava beans & a nice chianti make everything taste good.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Blah
            ZeitZenChuryOm(tm)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              I think you ate what you could get. You'd get more liver for fewer coupons at a guess.

My dad & I liked liver, ZeitMater & ZeitSis not so much.

We never had lamb kidneys or heart, both of which I rather enjoy.

Not keen on pig's liver for some reason.

Never tried cow liver.

But fava beans & a nice chianti make everything taste good.
              According to this very 1990s site, offal wasn't originally rationed.

I remember seeing an episode of Dad's Army where, in a scene set in Mr. Jones's shop, he tells somebody they can't have a sausage because it would take them over their meat ration. My dad pointed out that, in fact, sausages were never rationed. One does wonder what was going into the sausages, in that case

Comment

With all this talk of rationing, I've remembered that I need to go shopping. Or I could put it off till tomorrow and go to the chip shop tonight. But then I'll want to avoid doing it tomorrow as well. Might as well go and get it over with, I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  According to this very 1990s site, offal wasn't originally rationed.

I remember seeing an episode of Dad's Army where, in a scene set in Mr. Jones's shop, he tells somebody they can't have a sausage because it would take them over their meat ration. My dad pointed out that, in fact, sausages were never rationed. One does wonder what was going into the sausages, in that case
                  Sawdust off the floor, just like before the war.

<ZG in "ZeitGrandfather was a butcher" mode>

Comment

Afternoon
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X